View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 07:12 AM   #47
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 3rd, 1985

We are in St,Louis to face the Cardinals.

We have Mike Krukow going vs Danny Cox.

Let's do this!

Things start off right as I single to right field. Chris Brown does the same right behind me and I move up to 3rd. Chili Davis walks to load them up with none out. After Rob Deer strikes out I score on a sac fly by Jeff Leonard. That's all we get.

I come up in the 2nd with 2 out and Terry Harper on 3rd. Cox strikes me out.

In the 3rd, after the Cardinals tied the game, Vince Coleman stole 2nd when I didn't cover the base. Mental mistake.

In the 4th we got the lead back when Krukow knocked Harper in. Kenny Oberkfell also tried to score but was thrown out to end the inning.

I lead off the 5th by grounding up to the mound.

I made my first defensive play in the 6th, handling a Coleman grounder (with a little help from Deer on the back end.) I then did the same on a ball hit by Willie McGee for the 3rd out.

In the 7th I came up with Oberkfell on 2nd and one out. I legged out an infield hit to short, with Kenny going to 3rd. I stole 2nd for steal #20. Kenny scored on a ground out by Chris Brown and then Chili singled and I tried to score from 2nd.

The key word is 'tried'. We led 3-1.

Andy Van Slyke homered in the bottom half to pull back within one. After Darrell Porter singled with one out and the Cardinals called for pinch-hitter Oddibe McDowell, Nestor made a change and brought Mark Davis in to pitch. He got out of it.

We scored two more in the 8th before I grounded out against Ricky Horton with Oberkfell on 2nd to end the frame. We lead 5-2.

Mark had be pulled for a pinch hitter so Ron Davis took the mound.
I tried to pivot a double play by Terry Pendleton, but Coleman took me out hard. Cheap.

We scored two more in the 9th, including a Chris Brown home run, and led 7-2 going into the bottom of the 9th.

I snagged a nice liner by Juan Beniquez for the 2nd out and a couple of batter slater we were within one game of .500 at 10-11 and had won three in a row.

Big challenge tomorrow as we face Joaquin Andujar.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote