View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 08:24 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
So this link describes my current situation in my fictional MLB league.

I have no idea how these league totals and modifiers work in the game, so I'm going to runoff a bunch of questions about them.
Quote:
Do the league totals change every year by themself? If so, is it random?
Depending on your league possibly yes but likely no. In fictional leagues it is a definite no. I can't comment on other styles.

Quote:
What do the modifiers have to do with the league totals?
League totals are the desired result. League total modifiers are the necessary adjustments needed because OOTP is such a dynamic creation. Player ratings distribution is incredibly variable. No one human player has the definitive set up. There are way too many variables that occur from each individual league creation and all of the strategic tendencies set by the human player to provide expected results. LTM and autocalc are the virtual limit controls necessary to keep results in line with expectations.

Quote:
Let's say I decrease the league totals, what will happen to the ratings of each player? What will happen to the ratings if I change the modifiers?
Nothing. Nothing. Ratings are relative.

Quote:
I have no idea how to go about decreasing the offense in my league in a realistic way. SO CONFUSED!

Thanks
Determine what batting and pitching you want and I'm sure we can help you get there. The only caveat is if your league is set up in some unrealistic way. A realistic set up and 2-5 seasons is all it takes.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote