View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 07:17 PM   #11
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I must respectfully disagree with almost all that you wrote ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
The major issue with FHM and FHM2 development is it seems to be in the hands a single person. It'd be much better if they had one person doing major content coding (ie patch and FHM2) and one doing minor patch updates to fix bugs etc.
That's not true. There are three developers on FHM 2 (Sebastian, Jeff and Malte), who all have different roles.

Quote:
And lets talk about time line ... it's now almost 2 full months past when FHM2 was "supposed" to release ...
Again, Late May was a tentative release date ... In retrospect it was too ambitious of a date, but it was never set as a hard and fast deadline of when the game was going to be out.

Quote:
EHM-EA was released in March and has had about 10 minor patches since. Yes, larger compnay ... but even OOTP should have had something, anything by now.
Apples and oranges.. We could have released FHM 2 long ago as an early access.. but our goal is to release a full and complete game. There have been far more than 10 updates produced over that same time frame in the FHM 2 beta forums, for whatever it's worth.

Quote:
I just feel the longer they go, the more they ensure FHM will only ever be a niche, very small user base game ....
What will grow our customer base will be a solid release, not having a game out by a certain date. In the end we know we'll have to win some customers back, but when the game is solid and word of mouth spreads, people who wanted a great hockey sim will still be wanting a great hockey sim and hopefully will give us a shot.

Quote:
look at how dead the FHM and FHM2 forums are ... I would guess most people have abandoned this product and will be unlikely to return.
The FHM forum is admittedly pretty quiet, but that makes sense given how old the game is.

The FHM 2 forums though, I feel are fairly active in the last couple months. Again, once the game actually releases it will obviously pick up traffic wise, but check out the number of threads I've posted in the past couple months - we've had plenty of talk and discussions.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote