View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 08:29 PM   #14
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
To be fair, the Binnington's story is quite a bit like Tim Thomas.

A few questions :
- Was there a few perennial cellar-dwellers or teams that were nowhere close to be competitive over that stretch? (think, 1 playoff berth in 10 years)
- Was there a few cases of spectacular busts? By that, I mean "Alexander Volchkov bad". 4th overall was a decent 3rd liner... in the AHL, that is.
- Was there a few well-known names that turned into coaching? Good or not?

As I mentioned, this wasn't a sim where I stopped to smell the flowers too much. I was mostly simming to see who would win Cups, what droughts would end, etc. So I didn't catch a lot of the details.

There were definitely teams that didn't perform overly well. I don't recall Ottawa doing anything of significance, for example.

I'm sure there were draft busts but again, it wasn't something I was watching over. One cool screen in the game however is one where you can go back and look at future draft classes and get a quick look at all their stats thus far, it's a good way to quickly evaluate draft classes and see booms/busts, etc. I don't even remember if that has been shown yet ... maybe this is a teaser in itself Might be something I have to get a screenshot to you all soon.

Ovechkin is the only one that comes right to mind that got into coaching, but again, it wasn't something I was looking for.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote