View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #38
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank1974 View Post
That would be sweet. Set your preferences to 'goalie/defense' or 'offense' or 'youth', whatever.

For time sake, an auto-draft would be best.
I'd have absolutely no problem having the worst team in the league and having to rebuild. That's more fun that starting with an all-star team. (To me at least).

I just worry that if we do a draft via Message Board it could take weeks before we actually get to play games.

As long as every GM knows going in that the initial draft is a crapshoot, there should be no complaining.
It's just a fantasy league anyway. We're not curing cancer here. I'm not going to complain if OMG my 5th defenseman couldn't make an AHL team.

Lets just have some fun.
Just a suggestion based on my OOTP experience with online leagues:

Drafts work pretty well out of game with teams submitting a draft list either via a 3rd party application or since there is none for this game an email. We used to do the draft in waves after the first round or two.

Picks were done one at a time and then once we made it through those first couple of rounds, picks were done 5 at a time.. and then 10 at a time.. and eventually autodrafted. It worked pretty well when drafting an entire major league roster and some prospects.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote