View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
Tony M
Global Moderator

OOTP XI Utilities - Playoff Editor

I'm working on a series of utilities to enhance what is available in OOTP XI, and this is the initial alpha release of the first part of that.

The playoffs can't really be customised that greatly within the game, so I am working towards getting round that problem, and to allow series after round 1 to be altered in terms of who plays who, and then to allow byes to be introduced to the system.

Caveats

This program only runs on Windows systems, and requires the .NET Framework 3.5 to be on your computer. It also only works with v11.2.28 (the latest version) of OOTP XI (though it will be updated after any patches)

You cannot be running OOTP X at the point you make changes as the program accesses and uses the .dat files that OOTP X produces.

The program does make a backup of any files it changes, so if something goes wrong there is a copy of the previous files in your game directory.

Information about 1.0.0.0

This is a very basic editor at the moment. The only things you can change with the playoffs are the date and time and who's playing at home of any unplayed games in the current round, as well as changing the name of the current round. A later release (either over the weekend or next week) will allow the teams in each series to be swapped (so if you want a WC to be able to play a divisional rival you can do that), and then I'll work on being able to add byes to the game and selecting the playoff eligible teams.

Everything that this version can do (at the moment) can also be done from within the game, so if you're happy editing schedules in there, that's fine.

There is limited error handling in the application at the moment, so it may just crash randomly (I believe I have the structures correct for any type of league, but don't hold me to that)

Downloading

For OOTP XI : OOTP XI Utilities

The screen will open after running and you'll probably see the Saved Game Directory box saying that no directory is selected. Click on the button to the right and navigate to your OOTP Baseball [X|XI]\saved_games directory and select OK. If you have done this correctly, the drop down box next to it should have a list of your saved games. Choose the game you want to edit and click Load Game.

A series of green boxes should then appear across the screen as it loads up the files (if your game isn't 10.2.16 it may just crash at this point). Once this has done, the Playoffs button should be enabled.

Click on the playoffs button and a drop down list of all the leagues in your universe will appear. Choose a league and if the league is in the playoffs or off-season the Continue button will be enabled (leagues in the off-season will just let you view the playoff results)

Once you click Continue, the left hand side of that section will list the teams who have qualified for the Playoffs along with their record and divisional position, and the right side will list the current state of the Playoffs.

Clicking the Edit next to a Round Header will allow you to alter the name of that round.

Clicking the Edit next to a Series Header doesn't do anything yet.

Clicking the Edit next to a Game that hasn't been played yet allows you to edit the date and time of the game as well as swap the home and away teams round. Click Save to update the screen.

When you have finished making your changes, click the Save in the bottom right and the program will update your .dat files accordingly.

Known Bugs
  • Games aren't shown in date order if you change a game to a later date
  • There's no limit to how far in the future a game can be scheduled
  • There's no checking that games are overlapping

Screenshots
some screenshots

listing of games already played (screen now displays game time as well)
Picasa Web Albums - Tony

changing the date of a single game (ability to change game start time has been added)
Picasa Web Albums - Tony

the Texas/Kansas series changed to 3 away, 4 home
Picasa Web Albums - Tony

the schedule in OOTP X to show the changes
Picasa Web Albums - Tony

Last edited by Tony M; 06-05-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote