View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 09:30 AM   #54
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

Pryor

\

I've posted a 100 times on Pryor, so here is 101, Pryor was not a Bomber with 1 handed KO power as you mention, Pryor was fast, quick and hit hard with both hands, the only fighters he Knocked out with 1 hand with the worst bums he ever fought which was 98% of his fights, but even most of them were not 1 handed Ko's, his accumulation or combo's or throwing of more than 1 Punch was what put most down, I worked out at his 2 gym's in cincinnati for years before he moved to Miami to workout, and he still kept his gym open and visited when home, no one is his camp considered him to have 1 punch Ko power, but everyone always talked about how hard he punched with both hands, but never a 1 punch ko fighter to anyone around him, he even said if I get a few good shots in, he is going down, not once did he ever say, if I get that 1 punch I will knock him out.

Ray Leonard was a very sharp puncher, but not a bomber. Like Aaron Pryor who resided on division below at Jr. Welterweight, Leonard stopped opponents with an accumulation of punches as opposed to a single punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey-Jim View Post
Sugar Ray Leonard (Welterweight)

Hitting Power: 9

Change hitting power to: 8 or possibly 7.

I dropped Ray's hitting power to an 8. Ray Leonard is rated as being a boxer/slugger. With Control Factors of 11/11, a counter punching rating of 44, and plenty of 3 point punches... you might even make a case for rating Ray Leonard's power around 7.

I'm staying with the original idea of the hitting power being indicative of "single punch, concussive power."

From this "angle," I see a fighter with a hitting power of 9 and higher possessing the type of power that can have an opponent unconscious before he hits the canvas. The higher the number indicates the frequency that type of punch lands!
Rspen46 is offline   Reply With Quote