View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 01:45 AM   #5
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnov View Post
When using random debut historical, if you delete a player from the league, will they turn up at another time in the future? (I'm thinking as if the player never existed)
Also, did I miss a setting for how many players the game engine imports into the league for the initial season? I wanted to set up a league with 2 levels of minors, so I'd have a pool of players to promote from, but they wouldn't be sitting on a reserve squad, and kind of a catch all for those players with a brief, inconsequential MLB career IRL. As my inaugural draft turned out, I didn't even have enough players to fill out a AAA level.

Here is the random debut trick, if you want to have all the players in your league have started from year 1 of their career, not some as 35 year olds when RD first opens
Start your league
BEFORE the inagural draft, delete all the players

All deleted players before the inagural draft will come as rookie players like the rest later in the game

Now create enough free agents for how many per team you need. if you have 20 teams and 1 minor league, you might need 50 players per team so create 1000 players, be sure to have them "available for next draft"
I suugest to have the players be like 27 or 28 years old so they will phase out of the game in a few years for all real players

Then have your ID, you will have all fictional to start, but then EVERY mlb player will come into your game as a rookie, so you get full careers from everyone.
A bit of work but I think worth the work

Cheers
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote