View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 05:49 PM   #26
stevem810
All Star Starter

The 1961 Rookie Draft

Le Diamant will be drafting first in the amateur draft that is a little over three weeks away. There are so many rumors out there about who will be selected first.
Our Scout, Patrick Beck, is from St. Pierre. So, a lot of us think he is recommending a Martinique selection. Maxime DuPont is from St. Pierre, so, we're kind of thinking he will be Mr. Beck's favorite. I know Maxime, he's a great player. The scouting staff refer to him as 'a student of the game'. OSA is not very high on him. But, here's the thing. Maxime is a centerfielder. My position. I mean, I'd love to have him on the team. I just hope they wouldn't move me to make room. Don't get me wrong, I'd do it. I'm a team player, but, still there is something about center field that makes me just feel 'alive'. I love the straight in look. The catchers flashing the sign. The location of the mitt. It's all stuff I've trained myself to respond to.
Antoine LeRoux is a Starting Pitcher from France. I hear he is amazing. I'm looking at his stats from high school. They are obscene. I'll show them to you and tell me you don't agree. Who would you pick if it were up to you?
Well, I've got to get ready for tonight's game. We are playing the French Le Mans Racers for the second night in a row in Basse-Ponite. We won by one run yesterday as Matt Lund (3-3) went the distance for us. I was 1 for 4.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 05-15-2018 at 05:52 PM.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote