View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 10:33 PM   #19
Hawks 27
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
First off I'm not complaining. I've come to accept this is the way it is, but I'm curious if I'm the only one who experiences this.

Whenever I replace/upgrade a roster spot, if the replacement is a silver or higher, they automatically do TERRIBLE for anywhere from 5-10 games before playing like a card of that caliber should. However, when I put an iron or bronze card in as a replacement/improvement, they perform pretty impressively for maybe a month before their performance tapers off to the appropriate numbers.

Is there some "comfort factor" inherent within the game? I remember someone in PT19 saying that when you don't mess with a roster its almost as if the players get "comfortable" with one another and play commensurate with their abilities.

My statement applies to literally ALL roster improvements. Pitchers, catchers, position players. Even when it's a very solid diamond card they play god awful for a week or more before getting in the "groove" so to speak.

Anyone else?

I kinda get where you're coming from. I've pulled cards I thought were going to be absolute MONSTERS and they've crapped out. On the flipside, I've pulled cards with lower overall ratings that perform fantastically well in the right position.

Is there any chance you're judging "upgrades" in terms of higher overall ratings? If so, I've had silver/gold RP's dominate diamond RP's simply because the former have possessed greater "tools" than the latter.

For instance, a RP with filthy stuff may have a lower overall rating because they have poor control. Another RP may appear to be a solid diamond, but they don't stand out with their stuff, movement, or control.

I think "well-balanced" players often have misleading overall ratings. I try to focus on guys with an outstanding tool or two and use them in specific situations. It's about finding the right guys for the strategy you're trying to execute out there .