View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 04:27 PM   #214
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I absolutely HATED Harmon Killebrew when I was a kid. I was a Senators fan and Killebrew kept hitting more homers than Frank Howard, so that got me steamed. However, I grew up so now I just dislike him for no reason.

But coincidentally, I've been using Killebrew on my SaberCats-like team for a while, so just for fun, here's what you can look forward to.

It's funny that you switched to him, because every now and then I toy with replacing him but I haven't found a really good choice that I wouldn't have to fiddle with platooning. I keep coming back to thinking about the 89 OVR Pujols (he has an 84 in HR vs both sides).

Actually I LOVED Harmon Killebrew and it was pretty much universally known he was one of the nicest people in baseball. One ump said he only once ever barked at a ball/strike call. He grew up in Idaho and said the first major league game he saw was one he played in. That guy could hit the ball a country mile. Metropolitan stadium had a seat painted red where he hit a ball 522 feet in 1967. I have a picture somewhere of me with Harmon in 1975 I think. He played a half season with the Royals before retiring and I was in Kansas City visiting family and got a photo.

For the record, I always liked big Frank too. That dude was a giant.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote