View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 12:18 PM   #212
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
what do your rosters look like now?
The pace of upgrades has slowed way down at this point, so changes have been minimal since last time I posted them.

For the SmallBallers I upgraded just one SP recently, 92 Catfish Hunter. And still have about 18k to spend.

For the SabreCats I added Trout, and also swapped my 1B from Goldschmidt to Harmon Killebrew (I was worried about Goldy dropping from diamond and losing his value) but no other changes.

For the Balancers I have only made one minor move, upgrading my backup catcher to 84 Victor Martinez. It's actually getting quite difficult to find players who fit the mold who are not super-expensive. It's just much harder to find good value adds from these well rounded players, because when all the ratings are good the OVR is good, which means a high price. I do have about 13k banked right now.

In other updates the SmallBallers will be winning their division again, no surprise. But they actually cooled off a bit from their hot start...it's looking like for the very first time they are in real danger of not crossing the 100 win threshold. Maybe a warning sign I need to pick up the pace of upgrades...my pitching staff in particular is pretty vulnerable to HR, that's probably my biggest weakness.

Much more surprisingly, the SaberCats will ALSO be winning their division. After a very cold 1st month with Trout, they have been playing extremely well. Actually they are on a 10 game winning streak right now, and they lead the league in HR by 25. Their offense has improved from terrible to just below average, and when combined with their elite run prevention, it seems like enough to win some games.

Good news for the Balancers as well - they are no longer terrible. They have climbed out of relegation status, and appear to be merely below average.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote