View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 01:17 PM   #4
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Sure, just yesterday in fact (in my fictional save) I received an offer that was very tempting. Even my assistant G.M. was mostly on board as it stood.
Now, I decided to pass as I am happy with my team composition right now, but I had to really think about it for awhile.

Granted, most initial offers are not going to be tempting at all. And for my money, that is at it should be. Any GM worth his salt is going to be looking to take advantage of the situation and the AI GM's should be no different. As has been said many, many times here, these are just opening offers. They are the starting point of negotiations, rarely the ending point.

Do I reject most of them out of hand without negotiation? Sure. But I also find at least a small handful of offers worth discussing each year of my save. And I have, now and then, even accepted an offer almost exactly as is, with minimal tweaking and negotiation. (I think at least once I just accepted an offer with no bargaining at all.)

I suppose it comes down to what you consider a decent offer too. I figure a good deal is when neither side is completely happy. Time is also a factor. What doesn't seem good now might seem very good later. I have a very good head scout and as a consequence I have often received moderate prospects who the other team was clearly less optimistic about then my scout, and several of them have gone on to be quite valuable members of my team. It's all in your perspective and sometimes you have to step back a bit and take a longer view.

Last edited by BirdWatcher; 05-19-2019 at 01:18 PM.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote