View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 11:44 AM   #84
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I just scan the team versus team reports for Our League team records and then post a list of the standings, usually with a little, somewhat fanciful, story. Check out the "Looking for Silver teams...." thread in PT 19 and you'll get the flavor for how it works. I would be open to trying to post a composite standings standings list across the levels. Or we could just have separate standings by level.

I've found that Our League makes the game more fun to follow. It gives you a rooting interest in teams other than your own. There's always a little Our League pride when one of us does well, particularly against one of the cookie cutter whale teams.

Just hang in there awhile. With so many more teams playing with the same competitive ethic, we're likely to get enough teams in a particular league to make some hay.

To repeat myself, just make sure that you add all the team user names, regardless of current level, add them to your friends list, select "use friends" list in your profile and hit "submit team."

To repeatedly repeat myself, if you want to play more than one Our League team, I've found that not having any duplicate players across the rosters makes it more interesting and easy to follow. Each team develops a unique personality and it's kind of cool when they end up playing each other.
That's a good point. I find myself drawn to the same players because I know they can produce. But, yeah, it isn't so interesting because the teams end up being near carbon copies with no personality. I think I am going to take a look at my teams this weekend and try to fix that. There are a few threads on the forum where people have posted their theme ideas.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote