View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #13
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
I believe Charlie Hough is still running ootpmods.com. He posted in the beta forum a couple weeks ago that while he hasn't been all that active recently he is trying to find the time to update the site. Maybe you'd like to get in touch with him.

As for the wiki, how many times has it been tried now? I don't know why they're successful with other games, but not OOTP. Granted, I've never contributed to any other game wiki, but I've found others quite popular and useful. Is there some benefit to being attached to wikia.com? Do contributors get paid at some sites and that encourages contributions or something?
it's just so the mod creators can take care of their own mod pages, why should a mod creator have to wait for me, charlie or anybody else to share. with a wiki they have control of the when, what and how it is presented.

I am not really doing anything other than the same thing I have been for the last near decade, I just finally got smart about it.

and it is also a perfect example of why having a mod wiki is better than a single person having to update a website all the time. life happens, work, family, illness and desire change. if I get sick and am in the hospital for a month the wiki still works. nobody NEEDS me to host a file. there are plenty of other short/long term options if need be until I get around to it. but the wiki can still be updated.

and it is designed for the mods a specific purpose, they do work better at the start with a small focus. if the rest of the OOTP community wants to add to it they are welcome, but I am only really worried about a mod site that works for the modders and users... all the time.

but we will see, the resource is now in place, I have along history of not going anywhere. the communities got the ball now.

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-16-2014 at 08:57 PM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote