View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Mods Community Wiki

so unless I am wrong it seems we have lost the mod site person. these things happen, for years me and padresfan worked together to host ootp mods, even before that I have hosted mod files since 6.5. I have seen many mod sites come and go and it is time for a different solution, so here is what I am thinking.

OOTP Community Hub

I would pledge to continue to host and manage the mod files that need hosting.

I installed a wiki site (I would need some help, but i'll get to that) I don't have the desire to buy yet another domain name so it would have to be installed on a domain I already own, corporatebaseball.com/ootpmods

and here is how I envision it working, a mod creator could send me a file, I end them back a link (or host it someplace else, it really doesn't matter with a wiki who hosts the file) then they would register for the wiki and create a page for the mod, or a page for themselves and list their mods that way, it is up to the creators/community to decide exactly how to create/maintain each page (page creators can protect pages if the wish).

what I would need somebody, or a small team to help get the wiki set-up and do technical administration. while it only takes a minute to install, I don't have time to get the security set-up and get it looking good (ok I also lack the talent to make it look good, but that really is a secondary consideration) the day-to day stuff I can do, they only take a few minutes at a time and I actually kind of enjoy it. the back-end website stuff I can do, but it's a chore, I am slow and prone to frustration. So I really need a partner for that.

I hope I made sense, it has been a bad anxiety week and the first thing to go is written communication.

I am open to suggestion, criticisms, help or laughter.

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 02-11-2016 at 05:02 AM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote