View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 09:07 PM   #46
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

I like the idea that TBCB has the type of support from its fans as it does. I don't think there's another boxing game in existence that has the sort of fan/support base that this one has.

TBCB has benefited greatly, in my opinion, from those who frequent this board with all of the fighters, pictures, simulations, debates, etc. This game has a lot of "heart" in it thanks to who knows how many contributions.

I've been rating fighters since 1978 with this game (I will only admit that in this discussion forum where that's actually considered a GOOD thing) and some of you have been at it for even longer. I'm not trying to use the year to appear "old" or "wise" but to illustrate the point that this game has produced LIFE-LONG FANS.

How many of you have stuck with a game past your teens? As you pass through the decades, it's truly a rarity to find a game that still does the same thing for you today as it did 20, 30 years ago.

Title Bout, for a lot of "older guys" (past 35) does exactly that. So, when I hear things about other boxing games, I think, TBCB is like family. Scr*w Data Boxing. If anything, I guess I'd look at it with the idea of borrowing whatever ideas that wound enhance an already great game in TB.

It's funny, but, playing this game - running your own boxing universe, is very much like reading a good book. God knows how many good "reading" hours it's provided to me over the years?

No disrespect to J.C. Compton, but I don't think he could have done any better a job overall with the number of fighters, the ratings and the "re-ratings" than the guys on this board has done.

Does J.C. Compton have a "Corinthians" Era? Can you find Teofilo Stevenson as a pro? Does he have 9 Gazillion photos available for the players? Or, the Rocky characters? Does Two-Ton Tony Galento make comebacks in the Data Boxing World?

The defense rests.

Last edited by Jersey-Jim; 07-27-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Jersey-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote