View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 06:24 PM   #67
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Le Grande Orange
Currently, with both the team IDs and start times as single values, making changes by searching and replacing is much more problematic.
With the csv files I have made, the lines do not end in commas as they apparently do when you just export from OOTP. Thus it is relatively easy to juggle the teams since the team numbers have commas on both sides but the gametimes have one only on the left. Say I have a 6-team league, I can replace ",1," with ",X," then ",2," with ",1," and so on until ",6," with ",5," and ",X," with ",6,". Notepad & Wordpad won't do it, but I believe that in Word if there are commas after the gametimes you can do a replace on the comma and carriage return to have just a carriage return. With that rearranging and switching the home & away columns in a spreadsheet, I am happy with the variety I get with the same schedule.

Quote:
As for PCL style schedules, if you have any questions on that, just let me know. Personally, these ought to be the easiest of all to create, since every series is a week-long affair. Anytime you have less series to place it should make things much less complicated...
I know you've posted much about them before and I could probably dig that up. The week-long series thing was about all I remembered detail-wise. Since I knocked out a 12-team 140-game schedule fairly quickly, I might try the other soon. No need to spend much time, but you could give me some quick suggestions on how I might attack it. Ten teams, 154 games... Balance may not be critical but my inclination would be to go for 77 home & 77 away, which would break down to 8-9 home & away against each of the other nine teams. Thus perfect balance could not be achieved, and 8-9 games total vs or at a team does not lend itself well to 6 or 7 game weeklong series. Maybe Hank Greenberg could be more specific in his request about what exactly he'd like?