View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 02:22 PM   #16
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

8.1 Windows is terrible, I finally upgraded to Win10 and both 2013 and 2.5 now 2.7 after I updated it both work great, I just right clicked on the 2.7 execute file after I installed it and updated it and changed it to work with another version of windows and it works fine. I really wanted to use 2013 TBB but no matter how much I tried and how many times I played it, I hated it more and more, so I went back to 2.5/7 I have over 20 years of work into it, much more if you can't my days with the board game and Lance Haffner boxing andthe Trunzo's newsletter they mailed out, I've saved everything.

I keep several backups, I have 1 external mini Hard drive, 1 USB thumb drive adn then once a month I update and backup everything to 2 different re--writable DVD's I backup to the thumb every other week and to the HD once a week.

Mainly because I've read about too many horror stories of others losing years of work, and I've gone through many Computers during all these years, and nearly lost everything, so that's the reason for several backups of different types to make sure it's saved.

But I would never suggest to anyone to try and use TBB 2013, I think it totally sucks, the interface looks terrible, everything just seems to blend in together, it's very difficult for me to see and read, it's has a very few decent things I like, but nowhere near enough to ever play it again.

I only keep 2013 installed to use the database I've uploaded to it as a reference when I'm playing 2.5/7

And 2.5/7 can be played on Windows 10 and I keep an old system around in the Computer room when it's needed with Win 7 to play it on as my backup system, this way I always have a way to play it, I also backup my universe and transfer it to USB and then to my Win 7 Computer so that game is always updated.
Rspen46 is offline   Reply With Quote