View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #29
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

8/1/1904 - Starting to panic

There is nothing like a 9-18 month to bring you crashing down to earth. My overconfidence last month has been replaced with a sense of panic. Do I stand pat and hope that the team that won so many games in May and June returns in August and September? Or do I trade for some help?

As a side note, I really like seeing whether a team is in rebuilding mode to choose a potential trading partner. I don't feel as bad trying to deal with a team that is in rebuilding mode. I don't remember that from the last version I played, but regardless I like seeing that.

So after getting passed out by the Chicago White Sox, noticing that the Chicago Cubs were in rebuilding mode was tempting to get the Cubs on the front page of the Chicago sports pages instead of the White Sox. So I took a look at their roster, saw a name I liked, Jim Clancy, and saw what it would take to get him. Of course it had to be one of my favorite players on my team, Jerry Mumphrey.

So trading Mumphrey was really tough, as he is still very well rated, can play all three outfield positions well, and sentimentally was my first draft pick of the dynasty. Despite his stellar stats this season, Clancy appears to be over-performing, while Mumphrey is underperforming. But I felt like I have the outfield depth to take a chance, and feel like a good starting pitcher would help out. From the Cubs perspective they are strong in pitching and weak on offensive, especially in the outfield.

Hopefully it is one of those trades that works out for both teams.
Attached Images
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote