View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hageneezz View Post
Sorry to bother everyone here, but some more questions..

What I like to achieve is:

I have a fictional world, with three major leagues (US, Asian, Latin American) and a couple of European leagues

At the end of each season, I would like to have a tournament between all the league champions..

I would also like the statistical output to be kinda identical, in all of these leagues

What also is important is that I like to have a bit of realism, so to have the players from the major leagues be much better then their European counterparts, so that 90% of the time a team from the major leagues will win the tournament

Now, I have been fiddling with Traditional OOTP Player Creation Modifiers, and Sabermetric Player Modifiers, and I succeed in making the European players be much lesser than the major league players.

But stat wise I am getting strange results.

After the first season batting stats for the European leagues explode, and go way beyond the average league totals, which I can`t understand

Hope someone can help
Easier than you might think to get the exact stats output (or very similar) that you want for any leagues that you play. First go to Game Settings > League Settings > Stats & AI > League Totals

I strongly, strongly recommend not using auto-calc prior to the regular season, and not using lock league totals prior to the regular season. Right at the top of that page there's a line that reads "Totals from year: Select Year". Every year on the day before Opening Day, you're gonna click on "Select Year", and select the year from all of baseball history that you want your stats to resemble the most. You can find the Year-By-Year Batting Averages here, and the Year-By-Year Pitching Averages here.

All the numbers are listed on a per game basis, plus the BA/OBP/SLG/OPS batting slash line across MLB in that season. Sift through them and figure out what historical season you want your stats output to emulate the most. What type of offensive environment do you want to see in your game? For me, I like 1984 the most, but that may not feel comfortable to you. With so many seasons to choose from, I can guarantee you, you'll find something to your liking. Once you find that season, every year on the day before Opening Day, select it, and the totals from that season will be brought in, and at the same time the game will input modifiers that will help it reach those totals.

Don't worry about whether or not your league size matches up with the season you want to bring in because the game will figure out ratios of each offensive event on a per at bat basis, so whether your league totals 300,000 AB in a season, or the current MLB standard of about 165,000 AB, the game will figure out how to make your numbers come out pretty close to the way you want them. They will differ according to the talent level in your league. More talented pitchers than hitters? Expect offense to come down a bit, and the opposite if it's the other way.

Why monkey around with Modifiers and potentially mess things up, when you can have the game do it for you? The KISS principle really applies here. Remember to do this the day before Opening Day every year, because that's when teams are the closest to what they're going to look like in the coming season. I'm quite sure I've forgotten something because I'm sick as a dog right now, but I'll post it later if I remember. Ah...You'll also want to uncheck any boxes that say "auto-adjust..." if they're in your game (I play historical, and you might be playing fictional, so I'd have no knowledge of whether those boxes are in your game) because you're the one making the adjustments every year. I'll post more suggestions in this thread as they come to my foggy brain.

I also found out that the game says the MLB BABIP in 1984 was .289, when in fact it was .286, and I'm itching to see if that's why I felt the results were a bit "hot", and switched my stats output season to 1992 when I played OOTP19 (which is what you see in the pictures). Ask as many questions as you need to. Pictures follow below...
Attached Images
Image Image 

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

Last edited by actionjackson; 10-18-2019 at 04:39 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote