View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 08:18 PM   #5
adamj
Minors (Double A)

24 team schedules based on 88 and 89 NL schedules

I'm getting ready to start another fictional 24 team league, so thought I'd try to create another schedule similar to the one Bailey and Burke provided. Since 1988 and 1989 only had two double headers each, I decided to use those two years.

The schedules are tweaked from the actual schedules in the following ways:

The two double headers in each year have been eliminated.

There were a few unusual off days (such as Saturdays), probably due to a schedule conflict in the multi-use stadiums of that time period. I moved games from other days to fill in those Saturday off days.

I moved a few other games around to minimize occurrences of teams having more than one off day in the same week.

I set the start time for all Monday to Saturday games to be 1905, and Sunday games to be 1305. Since the real life Wrigley had just recently gotten its lights, the unmodified schedule would end up with one team playing an unusual number of day games.

The All-Star Game is set for day 100. In those years, the all-star break was only 3 days, and I left it that way.

With this schedule format, each division is playing a unique schedule. So I created 4 versions in total, so that each schedule cycles through the divisions every four years. With all four files in the schedule folder, load one into the league, and the game will automatically move to the next one for the following season The rotation for the divisions is:
Schedule A: 1 2 3 4
Schedule B: 3 4 1 2
Schedule C: 2 1 4 3
Schedule D: 4 3 2 1

The schedules are set to start on a Monday, but I did not specify which Monday, and are 182 days long.
adamj is offline   Reply With Quote