OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   iOOTP - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3834)
-   -   iOOTP Baseball 2011 announced! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=207023)

Markus Heinsohn 03-29-2011 10:31 AM

iOOTP Baseball 2011 announced!

Hi friends!

We have just officially announced iOOTP Baseball 2011, the newest OOTP version for iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)!

Please have a look at our latest newsletter for some info and the first screenshots of the game. iOOTP will be available in the Apple AppStore in April.

Click here to read our latest newsletter...

We will release more info and screenshots as we get closer to release! :) Please have a look at the FAQ-thread in this forum, too. We'll update it with the most common questions you might have.

All the best!
Markus

ms2002 03-29-2011 10:47 AM

Wow, this looks amazing and could be a huge hit for OOTP Developments.

*Typo Alert* In this screenshot, it should say "Tap here...," not "Tab here..."

Sebastian Palkowski 03-29-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms2002 (Post 3110992)
*Typo Alert* In this screenshot, it should say "Tap here...," not "Tab here..."

My fault. :o

I just corrected it in the source code. Thank you! :)

eriqjaffe 03-29-2011 11:15 AM

Now I'm all bummed that my company has only provided me with an iPhone 3G. :(

Tuta 03-29-2011 11:53 AM

Very excited for this!

playball335 03-29-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriqjaffe (Post 3111000)
Now I'm all bummed that my company has only provided me with an iPhone 3G. :(

They must have know what you would do with anything higher!! ;)

Markus Heinsohn 03-29-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuta (Post 3111018)
Very excited for this!

So are we! :)

Bobbuttons 03-29-2011 12:16 PM

I guess I'll be the one to rain on the parade and declare that I have absolutely no interest in this. I just hope that working on this hasn't been the reason for OOTP 12 not being ready until May.

playball335 03-29-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbuttons (Post 3111032)
I guess I'll be the one to rain on the parade and declare that I have absolutely no interest in this. I just hope that working on this hasn't been the reason for OOTP 12 not being ready until May.

I agree with you on one hand. On the other hand Markus and Co. are in business to make money and the mobile app market is booming and this could be a HUGE thing for them (financially and marketability).

I can wait an extra month, if it helps OOTP to continue for years to come!!:thumbup1:

Markus Heinsohn 03-29-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playball335 (Post 3111034)
I agree with you on one hand. On the other hand Markus and Co. are in business to make money and the mobile app market is booming and this could be a HUGE thing for them (financially and marketability).

Precicely! :) We hope this gets OOTP to a totally different audience. Should be fun!

eriqjaffe 03-29-2011 12:54 PM

Not that I have any stake in a mobile version, but have any plans been floated to create an Android version?

Bobbuttons 03-29-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playball335 (Post 3111034)

I can wait an extra month, if it helps OOTP to continue for years to come!!:thumbup1:

If it was really about making a lot of money, then it would have been developed for the Android systems, as well, as Android based phones have been selling very well and a few months ago outsold the iPhone (not sure what the numbers have been since January, I haven't looked). But I respect Markus and it's his business and he can do as he likes. I'm happy as long as he continues to put out a quality version of OOTP each year. That being said, I have no interest in iOOTP.

Bobbuttons 03-29-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 3111036)
Precicely! :) We hope this gets OOTP to a totally different audience. Should be fun!

This always has bugged me about business. And it isn't just a judgment of Markus in this instance. I get it all the time with phone carriers and satellite and cable tv services and internet providers that come up with these new and interesting ways to reach a new audience or a different audience, however they never seem to work as hard to keep the current audience happy (and, once again, this isn't a slap at Markus, but of the entire consumer business model). I have read that it costs less to woo a new customer than to keep an old one, so one has to wonder what will eventually happen to brand loyalty in the future.

Sebastian Palkowski 03-29-2011 01:05 PM

Not at the moment as the return policy makes it hard to sell there. If that changes sometimes we will discuss a Android version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriqjaffe (Post 3111038)
Not that I have any stake in a mobile version, but have any plans been floated to create an Android version?

JumpmanCol 03-29-2011 01:26 PM

<--- Stoked!

As a huge iPhone and iPad user, this is awesome news!

CD1083 03-29-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbuttons (Post 3111041)
If it was really about making a lot of money, then it would have been developed for the Android systems, as well, as Android based phones have been selling very well and a few months ago outsold the iPhone (not sure what the numbers have been since January, I haven't looked). But I respect Markus and it's his business and he can do as he likes. I'm happy as long as he continues to put out a quality version of OOTP each year. That being said, I have no interest in iOOTP.

Markus has made reference to why an Android version wasn't developed at the time.

Outside of that your comments just come across as bitter. You have qualified your lack of interest due to the platform it's on.

If it was released on Android as well, the sound of your tune would be different otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up.

With that said, I'me excited for the release and an eventually Android release as well.

I just hope Markus will remember us when OOTP goes mainstream. :D

kmoirkne 03-29-2011 01:37 PM

Real iPad version?

Will we get a real iPad version? or just iPhone version that we have to maximize on iPad?

I am really hoping for an iPad version!

Snarky 03-29-2011 01:37 PM

It's great news that this is moving to mobile. I have played OOTP for ~7 years, but am not an apple product owner. I am here formally requesting an android version.

Also, many new and upcoming android devices have 1GB of RAM- so these would hypothetically be compatible with the newer versions of OOTP. I would really like to be able to manage my teams for online leagues on the go, so compatibility between the PC and mobile versions would be awesome.

Bluenoser 03-29-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmoirkne (Post 3111067)
Will we get a real iPad version? or just iPhone version that we have to maximize on iPad?

I am really hoping for an iPad version!

Check the FAQ iOOTP thread in this forum. See question #3.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...iootp-faq.html

Bobbuttons 03-29-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase Davis (Post 3111055)
Markus has made reference to why an Android version wasn't developed at the time.

Outside of that your comments just come across as bitter. You have qualified your lack of interest due to the platform it's on.

If it was released on Android as well, the sound of your tune would be different otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up.

With that said, I'me excited for the release and an eventually Android release as well.

I just hope Markus will remember us when OOTP goes mainstream. :D

Actually, I my tune would not be different. I rarely use any application that depletes my battery at a solid pace, and this one would certainly do that. So you are wrong.

Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't make mine any less valid or any more bitter than your excitement for the product makes you look easily impressed. It simply doesn't interest me. I'd rather have the full functionality of a complete game, so I will continue to do what I've done for the last 11 years, and that's buy the full game and not the watered down version. My apologies if this makes me a horrible person.