OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   iOOTP - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3834)
-   -   MLB Liscense (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=250178)

ZTO333 01-24-2015 12:48 PM

MLB Liscense

I just read something online that OOTP had reached a liscence with the MLB for OOTP 16. I wanted to know (assuming what read was true) if this will include iOOTP 15 as well

Sebastian Palkowski 01-24-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZTO333 (Post 3800727)
I just read something online that OOTP had reached a liscence with the MLB for OOTP 16. I wanted to know (assuming what read was true) if this will include iOOTP 15 as well

Yes.

jer9_1 01-24-2015 11:38 PM

It will also come with a name change: iOOTP will now be MLB manager but I have a question: Will fictional legues still be created in MLB Manager?

Sebastian Palkowski 01-25-2015 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jer9_1 (Post 3801122)
It will also come with a name change: iOOTP will now be MLB manager but I have a question: Will fictional legues still be created in MLB Manager?

Yes they will!

Walkoffman 01-25-2015 10:15 AM

MiLB License

Is the MiLB (minor leagues) license agreement only relevant to OOTP 16, or will MLB Manager do something new with the minor league rosters?

wodi 01-25-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkoffman (Post 3801280)
Is the MiLB (minor leagues) license agreement only relevant to OOTP 16, or will MLB Manager do something new with the minor league rosters?

Oh man I hope so

Walkoffman 01-25-2015 07:35 PM

Disregard. See post below.

Walkoffman 01-25-2015 07:39 PM

I ask the question after reading this. It mentions MiLB.

'iOOTP' Baseball Simulator Gets Official MLB License in Upcoming 'MLB Manager' | Touch Arcade

wodi 01-25-2015 08:16 PM

Well I'm hoping this will lead to an updated and maybe revamped minor league system..... Instead of having 20 prospects per team I'm hoping we have full minor league rosters and some sort of improvement to include some sort of minor league development instead of the minors just being only a list of players

BradC 01-27-2015 07:49 PM

I wouldn't expect MLB Manager's minor league system to change much from iOOTP. I don't think the available hardware is quite ready yet.

wodi 01-28-2015 07:43 AM

I know, and I don't..... I just try to take every opportunity to plead my case for some sort of able upgrade to the minor leagues.

sfnate 01-29-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradC (Post 3802828)
I wouldn't expect MLB Manager's minor league system to change much from iOOTP. I don't think the available hardware is quite ready yet.

For how much longer will iPad 1st gen support be a constraint on feature development?

Sebastian Palkowski 01-29-2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfnate (Post 3804270)
For how much longer will iPad 1st gen support be a constraint on feature development?

Thats not the problem alone: the small phone screensize makes it almost imposdible to have multiple level for the user to handle. Additionally, we always ask ourself, if the game is still suited for the casual User when adding specific features.

wodi 01-29-2015 09:51 PM

The causal user isn't playing iootp, the user who wants a baseball sim game is playing iootp,

To have a better baseball sim you need a minor league development system of some sort.

phillupi 01-29-2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wodi (Post 3804401)
The causal user isn't playing iootp, the user who wants a baseball sim game is playing iootp,

To have a better baseball sim you need a minor league development system of some sort.

I agree with more minor league info. But just how the players are developing is enough. A full blown minor league system is not necessary. For example list them as A, AA, AAA and if they are moving up or down and if they're ready to bring up or down.

Sebastian Palkowski 01-30-2015 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wodi (Post 3804401)

And you base that on what? We have all the infos (including sale numbers) available and know pretty much who our userbase is.

Sebastian Palkowski 01-30-2015 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillupi (Post 3804424)
I agree with more minor league info. But just how the players are developing is enough. A full blown minor league system is not necessary. For example list them as A, AA, AAA and if they are moving up or down and if they're ready to bring up or down.

Thats something we actually think about at some point in the future, something along the line of OOTP 3-6 (simple AAA, AA, A level). But still, it would be a nightmare to implement on the small phone screen, so maybe it is something for the tablets only.

phillupi 01-30-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 3804473)
Thats something we actually think about at some point in the future, something along the line of OOTP 3-6 (simple AAA, AA, A level). But still, it would be a nightmare to implement on the small phone screen, so maybe it is something for the tablets only.

With all due respect OOTP is the full blown game. The smaller phone and tablet is a scaled down version and more adaptable to the casual fan. Speaking for myself the ability on the phone is more important than the tablet. My phone is always with me and I'm sure for most people but the tablet only in certain instances. That's where it's needed.

The screen below is from my Minor League sorted by Potential.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...f6c00a405f.jpg
A lot of information that's not helpful.

This screen shows other screens available.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...11807fcad1.jpg
Again why do I need stats? Most are 0 as they haven't been in the Majors yet.

A simple A-AAA and an arrow up, down, sideways would accomplish a great deal.

My 2 cents. I love this game and OOTP but just don't have the time for OOTP. Trying to help make it better.

Sebastian Palkowski 01-30-2015 07:43 AM

Quick fact: we have more downloads on iPad then iPhone and only if you add in the iPod Touch (and thats mostly from earlier versions) you get almost even.

phillupi 01-30-2015 08:06 AM

Interesting.