OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   3d models/stadiums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=299308)

FSUKegman 02-27-2019 11:14 AM

3d models/stadiums

Am I the only one that is disappointed in the lack of 3-d stadium improvements and model improvements. I know more animations were added to the existing player models but I was hoping for improvement in the graphical areas for OOTP 20 (better player models, alternate jerseys, improved stadiums, etc.). Please don't get me wrong as I appreciate the developers and am sure these things take time and I will certainly buy OOTP 20...just thought that I would see more advancement in the graphical area for this game. :(

Syd Thrift 02-27-2019 11:34 AM

For the stadia themselves, I'm not sure that the company has the license to create many of them - even though they have the MLB license now, I'm not sure that extends to locales with corporate sponsorship. Fortunately, there are people out there who've made mods so that you can use every current stadium not to mention just about everything that a major league game has been played in since about 1920 (I say "just about" because I'm not 100% sure that some little-used stadia like the one in New Jersey that the Dodgers played a few games in every year or Sicks Stadium, which was used in 1969 and had been demolished by the time Seattle had a MLB team again, are out there as of right now).

For the other stuff... I'd maybe wait to see what exactly the further graphics look like. FM tends to roll out graphical improvements every year and often there are little things that don't quite correspond to what they said were going to be in the improvements list but are there anyway. Who knows?

I do have to say that in a year's time I've gone from "bah, I don't need graphics, I'm a TEXT MAN" to "oh man this is MicroLeague, only way better, I can't live without graphics now".

FSUKegman 02-27-2019 11:47 AM

Thanks buddy as I appreciate the reply. Maybe I'm wrong and that there is more improvements than what little I have heard so far but it doesn't seem like a lot of work was done on the graphics side...maybe I just need to wait and see :)

BusterKing 02-28-2019 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSUKegman (Post 4442172)
Thanks buddy as I appreciate the reply. Maybe I'm wrong and that there is more improvements than what little I have heard so far but it doesn't seem like a lot of work was done on the graphics side...maybe I just need to wait and see :)

They said lack of resource, looks like all that resource went into Perfect Team. Something had to give.

Arobbins 02-28-2019 03:35 AM

The modding community will come through as always with the ballparks!

Markus Heinsohn 02-28-2019 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BusterKing (Post 4442623)
They said lack of resource, looks like all that resource went into Perfect Team. Something had to give.

Nope. It's just that we are currently pretty satisfied with the ballpark models, vastly improving them would require far more resources than we could afford. Unfortunately, proper 3D modelling & texture creation takes a ton of time and manpower. We did update Marlins Park (finally that silly statue is gone), but not many will care for that I suppose ;)

Instead, we focused our limited resources in creating an animation system that allows us to use far more variety. Also capturing & converting true motions to this system took tons of time.

FSUKegman 02-28-2019 08:08 AM

Markus as usual I appreciate your reply and I figured maybe it is a huge undertaking to update the 3-D stadium and player models...maybe next year??? Thank you again for giving me a game that has given me countless hours of joy! My pre-order money is already paid:D Will there be a video showing us the new player animations?

Sweed 02-28-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BusterKing (Post 4442623)

Geez, how many ways to they have to say they are separate teams?

The resources you think were taken away from OOTP to use on PT would not have even been there if they weren't working on PT.

The only way the PT team would have been used for animations instead of stadiums is if the two modes share the feature. If that's the case then you're back to square one IE as Markus noted they decided new player animations were more important than stadium improvements. Now I haven't played PT and have no interest so I have no idea if players watch games in PT using the OOTP stadiums and animations? If so I guess one could argue without the PT team's help maybe new player animations couldn't have been done at all.

Sweed 02-28-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4442660)
Nope. It's just that we are currently pretty satisfied with the ballpark models, vastly improving them would require far more resources than we could afford. Unfortunately, proper 3D modelling & texture creation takes a ton of time and manpower. We did update Marlins Park (finally that silly statue is gone), but not many will care for that I suppose ;)

Instead, we focused our limited resources in creating an animation system that allows us to use far more variety. Also capturing & converting true motions to this system took tons of time.

I think I was the first to ask about stadiums in XX in the new feature thread. I was a bit disappointed when Markus gave pretty much this same answer but.... Then I thought about it and agree with his decision.

I can have...

1. more detailed stadiums with the same player animations.... or

2.I could have the present stadiums with more realistic movement of the players.

I think more realistic player movement on an already good stadium is the better of the two. my 2 cents. :)

Syd Thrift 02-28-2019 01:13 PM

All this talk of stadia and no talk of when are we going to be able to set hot dog prices. :rolleyes: Typical Markus, avoiding the features the fans REALLY care about. Also in Chicago you should have the option to kick a fan out if he's caught putting ketchup on a dog.

David Watts 02-28-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syd Thrift (Post 4442813)
All this talk of stadia and no talk of when are we going to be able to set hot dog prices. :rolleyes: Typical Markus, avoiding the features the fans REALLY care about. Also in Chicago you should have the option to kick a fan out if he's caught putting ketchup on a dog.

I'm hoping eventually OOTP will have "Owner Mode" that allows us to negotiate with the city and state governments where our team resides for tax breaks and incentives. If this feature gets added, I sure hope Markus adds a parking lot creator to the game. That way, when I get tax incentives based on developing a new stadium and downtown entertainment district, I will start by developing parking lot after parking lot.

texasmame 02-28-2019 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4442821)
I'm hoping eventually OOTP will have "Owner Mode" that allows us to negotiate with the city and state governments where our team resides for tax breaks and incentives. If this feature gets added, I sure hope Markus adds a parking lot creator to the game. That way, when I get tax incentives based on developing a new stadium and downtown entertainment district, I will start by developing parking lot after parking lot.

"Parking Lot Tycoon"

:laugh:

Neezer 02-28-2019 09:10 PM

Can someone help a noob (me) out on where to get and how to use, install, etc these custom stadiums?

Cryomaniac 03-01-2019 03:31 AM

Quote:

Obviously not this year, but one thing I would like in future is something like 16 fictional stadiums, with as much detail as the MLB ones.

Okay, what I would actually like is to one day have one fictional stadium for each fictional logo in the game, but 1) I'm a realist and 2) download sizes of several GB might annoy some people :laugh:.

nielsoncp 03-01-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neezer (Post 4443184)
Can someone help a noob (me) out on where to get and how to use, install, etc these custom stadiums?

If you go to the 3D models section of the mod board Silvam has a helpful how to for downloading and installing custom 3d parks.

Silvam is also the original (and most prolific) stadium modder. He and Adion have made every stadium stretching back to the 1910s, as well as several international stadiums and a few fictional parks. Eriqjaffe did a set based on the USBL uniforms, has been cranking out some concepts, and is currently working on the International League. Gohorns98 is doing college parks for people that like to play the college game. I've been working on turning minor league parks into mlb stadiums for expansion purposes. Between the five of us we're pushing a couple hundred cities world wide that now have playable parks - poke around and see what works for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rjl518 03-03-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

As a guy that lives in Marlins Park, boy, am i happy that ugly thing is...well...OUT OF THE PARK!!!

tklem321 03-03-2019 10:53 AM

My biggest wish for stadiums is to be able to move the camera during games rather than having to do it in the team's stadium settings. I'd like to use some of the excellent stadiums folks have designed but the default camera views they choose for their stadiums seem to be more about showing off the the stadium than on game playability. I just don't have the ambition to go in and edit stadium views for my whole league.

FSUKegman 03-03-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tklem321 (Post 4444714)
My biggest wish for stadiums is to be able to move the camera during games rather than having to do it in the team's stadium settings. I'd like to use some of the excellent stadiums folks have designed but the default camera views they choose for their stadiums seem to be more about showing off the the stadium than on game playability. I just don't have the ambition to go in and edit stadium views for my whole league.

That's an excellent idea as I would love to be able to do that as well. Will this be doable in OOTP 20?

Sweed 03-03-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tklem321 (Post 4444714)

An in game movable camera would be nice and I hope is at least of a future "to do " list. It would let you do on-the-fly setups instead of being locked into pregame views. Which would be a very cool thing for getting the right angle to watch specific replays.

It really wouldn't save much, if any, time as far as setting up standard views for each park IE 1b line, 3b line, cf, homeplate low, etc. etc. I do these one stadium at a time as they come up on my schedule and take the same 5 minutes or so that doing it in game would take. After one season I have all of the NL parks as I play as the Cubs. After a few seasons I have the AL too as I rotate through the parks with interleague play.

Then backup your stadium folder before installing a patch, as that will overwrite your custom views on default stadiums.

RMc 03-04-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Also in Chicago you should have the option to kick a fan out if he's caught putting ketchup on a dog
Every time I put catsup on a hot dog, I imagine a foodie shrieking in horror.