OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3913)
-   -   Next Update (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=273113)

BKL 01-12-2017 03:09 PM

Next Update

I think FHM is a great game. What I would eventually love to see is the ability to better manage in-game, perhaps with the following:

-Teams with the same jersey colors or team colors are hard to distinguish who is in control of the puck. Perhaps it's just better to have the home team in one set color and the away team in another.

- Instead of just very fast, fast, normal, etc. modes for sim speed, it would probably be easier to sim until perhaps there is a highlight or sim until there is a shot on goal, breakaway, etc. so you could then focus on the key plays of the game. Right now that's somewhat difficult.

- On the sim screen, besides just the traditional scoreboard, perhaps an option to see a breakdown of the boxscore stats - faceoffs won, takeaway/giveaways, time of possession, hits, PPG, etc. so you could get a feel for the game as it's happening.

- Tactical adjustments that are a little easier to comprehend - perhaps assigning some generic ratings to some roles so you get a quick idea of the impact of changing a role. For example, maybe for each role it's indicated by "high, medium, low" it's relative offensiveness vs. defensiveness, pass vs.shot, passive vs. aggressive. In game, you would then be able to quickly see the generic affect of a change.

Just some thoughts. Would love to know what's on target for the next patch and timing.

Thanks!

seven 01-13-2017 10:56 PM

I would like to second BKL's suggestions about in-game features. From what I've seen on this forum, there is a sizeable, though generally soft-spoken, group who are particularly interested in the quality of the in-game experience (i.e., watching games played out). It would be terrific to see various improvements in that part of FHM, either in an update or in the next version. The suggestion to include a speed option that concentrates on highlights is a great one. This would be similar to options available in Football Manager. There would be no need to eliminate current options (e.g., very fast, fast) that cover the entire game, but it would be great to have the option to move at normal speed, viewing only the key moments in a game (ever better if a menu allowing selection of various types of events to include were available).

On some minor points, BKL suggested fixing colours for home and away teams. Instead, one could use the team colour for the home team and white (with a team-specific colour for the outline of the marker) for away.

Two other small fixes would be as follows. First, consider making the listed time at which a goal is scored match what is on the clock during the game. If you look at the reported time of a goal in the game report, you will see that it is off by at least one second from the time on the game clock when the goal is scored. Second, it would add to the experience of the game if shootouts were displayed in a way similar to regulation time game play. As it now stands, shootout results are announced instantly, without any information about shooter by shooter outcomes.

sutto 01-16-2017 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seven (Post 4138110)
The suggestion to include a speed option that concentrates on highlights is a great one. This would be similar to options available in Football Manager. There would be no need to eliminate current options (e.g., very fast, fast) that cover the entire game, but it would be great to have the option to move at normal speed, viewing only the key moments in a game (ever better if a menu allowing selection of various types of events to include were available).

FHM 2 had this option but it was removed for FHM 3. I've started a thread about its reinstatement herehttp://http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/franchise-hockey-manager-3-general-discussion/272868-watch-mode.html

Gerry58 01-19-2017 08:40 AM

When is the next update supposed to be out?
Thanks, Gerry

JeffR 01-20-2017 01:47 AM

Still adding stuff and testing. Hopefully within a couple of weeks.

demons19 01-21-2017 12:50 PM

The big thing for me in any update is fixing the NHL controlling the farm team issue...until its fixed, the nhl is unplayable to me....which bothers me because I love the game :(

BKL 01-25-2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKL (Post 4137474)
Instead of just very fast, fast, normal, etc. modes for sim speed, it would probably be easier to sim until perhaps there is a highlight or sim until there is a shot on goal, breakaway, etc. so you could then focus on the key plays of the game. Right now that's somewhat difficult.

Thanks!

Wondering if this will be added to the game at some point, where the sim slows down for a shot or goal so you can "watch" the action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chomps 01-26-2017 11:15 AM

Various Sim Modes were present in FHM2. For some unknown reason they removed them in FHM3.

Some really great options were present in FHM2.

BKL 01-26-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomps (Post 4144639)
Various Sim Modes were present in FHM2. For some unknown reason they removed them in FHM3.

Some really great options were present in FHM2.

Would be great to get them back!

BKL 02-04-2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKL (Post 4137474)
- Instead of just very fast, fast, normal, etc. modes for sim speed, it would probably be easier to sim until perhaps there is a highlight or sim until there is a shot on goal, breakaway, etc. so you could then focus on the key plays of the game. Right now that's somewhat difficult.

Any news, if this feature will be back in the new update?

JeffR 02-05-2017 12:13 AM

No, not going to be possible for the update, it'd require some significant changes to the way the in-game screen is working right now. But I would like to get it back in eventually.

BKL 02-05-2017 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4149303)
No, not going to be possible for the update, it'd require some significant changes to the way the in-game screen is working right now. But I would like to get it back in eventually.

Ok thanks for letting me know! I'm still looking forward to the update. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk