OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FOF - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3878)
-   -   Well you got what you wanted (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=302244)

mickey7 04-16-2019 06:58 PM

Well you got what you wanted

Great job, it's been over a week now since the last post on this game board----no one wants to put up with you arrogance of not disseminating any information !!! I have been looking forward to the OOTP football game for better than five years now and this is how loyalty is repaid-----my solution I am not buying this game----period !!!

Sharkn20 04-16-2019 07:16 PM

I am buying it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ezlee2 04-16-2019 10:20 PM

Yo Mikey! You do know it's baseball season right?

ezlee2 04-16-2019 10:21 PM

Confession... I'm buying it too!

ezlee2 04-16-2019 10:23 PM

Yo Mikey! You're lucky I've been put in the corner or I'd be all over you for this post.

Since I don't want to go to timeout again. I'll just say that no one cares and I bet you end up buying the game...

vgorilla80 04-17-2019 07:00 AM

Be careful or else "someone" might come in here, post a bunch of Ryan Reynolds gifs and tell us how we should feel again...

Zeppelin462 04-17-2019 09:40 AM

As someone who has gone off in the past on the process, I don’t think this is productive. The powers that be are likely seeing this, but we’re not going to get an update until they want to provide one. That’s not to say the collective frustration on here is right or wrong, I think we’ve just seen that these strings haven’t been helpful or healthy for anyone on the board (on either side of the debate).

drksd4848 04-17-2019 11:13 AM

There is no question in my mind that this we be an awesome game, just like everything else in the OOTP catalogue. Will it be perfect from the get? No. But it will be good and only get better.

Take a month. Take a season. Take a year. Take ten years. Who cares? You've all survived your entire lives without it. What's a a few more months to wait?

When it comes out, I'm buying it. And if it doesn't come out, so what? This stuff is hard. Give them credit for making an attempt.

jeffw3000 04-17-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 (Post 4475678)
As someone who has gone off in the past on the process, I don’t think this is productive. The powers that be are likely seeing this, but we’re not going to get an update until they want to provide one. That’s not to say the collective frustration on here is right or wrong, I think we’ve just seen that these strings haven’t been helpful or healthy for anyone on the board (on either side of the debate).

Well put!

Spiff 04-17-2019 01:34 PM

Well, I got impatient and purchased Draft Day Sports Pro Football. I like it so far. I am not buying another football game this year.

ThatSeventiesGuy 04-17-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickey7 (Post 4475309)
Great job, it's been over a week now since the last post on this game board----no one wants to put up with you arrogance of not disseminating any information !!! I have been looking forward to the OOTP football game for better than five years now and this is how loyalty is repaid-----my solution I am not buying this game----period !!!

And yet you broke the drought. Interesting. :rolleyes:

I may not buy it when it first comes out, but I'll get it eventually after they get the bugs worked out a bit. The first version is never as good as subsequent ones, but OOTP and FHM have always put out a good product, so no reason to doubt them so far. Patience, young padawan. Sure, more updates would be cool and all, but I'd rather have a good game than a bunch of status reports.

BradS 04-17-2019 06:08 PM

Silence is good. They're working hard on this years title. When it's done nothing will be close to it. Admire your rather righteous stance though. I wouldn't buy it either. Meanwhile the rest of us will get lots of bang for our bucks, and will for years to come. You guys keep up the fight though. CYA.

RchW 04-17-2019 06:15 PM

I'm buying it even though I don't have time to play OOTPB v20 so far.

Sweed 04-17-2019 06:50 PM

I actually like the silence so at least one of us is putting up with this just fine:) If there's nothing to say I appreciate them not posting and wasting my time.

When the game is done I will buy it day one :thumbup1:

dave1927p 04-17-2019 07:43 PM

Front office football scratches that itch for the time being. I hope the OP reconsiders once the game is released

drksd4848 04-18-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 4475792)
Well, I got impatient and purchased Draft Day Sports Pro Football. I like it so far. I am not buying another football game this year.

Care to share any thoughts about it? How does it compare to OOTP in terms of play? (obviously the sports are different)

ezlee2 04-18-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy (Post 4475944)
And yet you broke the drought. Interesting. :rolleyes:

I may not buy it when it first comes out, but I'll get it eventually after they get the bugs worked out a bit. The first version is never as good as subsequent ones, but OOTP and FHM have always put out a good product, so no reason to doubt them so far. Patience, young padawan. Sure, more updates would be cool and all, but I'd rather have a good game than a bunch of status reports.

This will be the 9th iteration of the game. While it's not perfect, it's a very good sim engine and adding elements of OOTP will surely making it a better product.

Jerry Helper 04-18-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

That'll show em...

File A 04-18-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Poor rant from what appears to be a 9-year old boy. Back in your box, son.

Let the team do what they need to do. However long it takes. You sound like your life is on hold until this comes out. How sad.

Bet you’re the first one to put money down for the game, too.

/close thread.

Scoman 04-18-2019 04:26 PM

closed