OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   Advice (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=307446)

Dave Hansen 10-15-2019 08:17 AM

Advice

What are the best aging settings for batters and pitches...are the default settings of 1.000 recommended for XX?

My first 15 games or so I am seeing 2-4 hit batsman per game...do I need to adjust a league setting...or is my sample size to small and just leave things alone?

Eugene Church 10-15-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hansen (Post 4548311)
What are the best aging settings for batters and pitches...are the default settings of 1.000 recommended for XX?

My first 15 games or so I am seeing 2-4 hit batsman per game...do I need to adjust a league setting...or is my sample size to small and just leave things alone?

I would think you really need to adjust them... even though it's just 15 games, 2-4 every game is way too much.

Find out what the league average is of the season you want to play and set it based on that.

NoOne 10-15-2019 01:14 PM

if you don't like ootp's default injury, and this is not an endorsement nor denouncement, there are threads where people have done some research on the subject. they have graphs and curvs and all sorts of fun stuff, if you want to dig into it. it may not be in XX's forums, but it will be relevant and applicable to a high degree, most likely.

my suggestion is to stick to default.

your choice depends on a multitude of factors that are mostly personal in nature.

the LTMs come 'autocalced' out of the box, if not mistaken. unless it's been several years since inception and numerous fictional players have not filtered into the league, then you probably have no problem, and just some oddities of clumped hit batsmen.

if still concerned, check league totals at end of year.. even that will have some sway depending on league size -- smaller the league(1/2teams x games in season) the greater the volatility in a season.

compare to bbref... if not a 30t, 162g league, be less/more forgiving as needed.

p.s. you could always zoom out and see what those totals are, now... with a restored backup that you will throw away. just don't look at other things that might give you a leg-up on competition. or, do.. it's your video game, lol.

Boomcoach 10-15-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hansen (Post 4548311)

Have you been playing against the 2019 Pirates? If so, 2-4 per game may be a bit low! :laugh: