OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 18 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3916)
-   -   Final OOTP 18 feature & improvements list (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=275264)

Markus Heinsohn 03-20-2017 07:41 AM

Final OOTP 18 feature & improvements list

OK folks, here is the final list of features & improvements you'll see in OOTP 18. I am sure we forgot to list a few things, so there certainly is more to be discovered. :)

Major Changes
- 2017 projected rosters for MLB, MiLB and several international and independent leagues
- Added Challenge Mode & online user profiles, achievements and leaderboards
- Added Tournaments (WBC, Olympics and custom tournaments)
- Added Arizona Fall League support
- Added ability to retain contracts in player trades
- Added support for team promotion & relegation between leagues
- Improved and upgraded 3D, including caps on player pawns and much better looking 3D ballparks
- 3D Movements for simulated games may now be stored and replayed (needs game recaps as well)
- Added 3D game higlight reels
- Added Negro Leagues to the historical minor league database
- Revamped Injury System

Smaller Changes
- 7-day lineups now support double-headers
- Can now name manager of the year award
- Game logs and WPA graphs are only generated as-needed (with an option to generate all that are missing)
- Broadcast ball animation now works if sounds are disabled
- Adjusted human running success rates
- Added the option to mass adjust financial figures in league setup by a factor X
- New playoff modes: Modified Double-Elimination, Round-Robin. Added ability to prevent tiebreakers in a league.
- More dynamic morale system
- Updated team chemistry system + added new team chemistry page
- New player list view: Personality+Morale
- Added the option to have associtation draft order sort by winning pct, by league level + winning pct or entirely random
- Adjusted pitcher fatigue replies
- Adjusted Owner Goals
- Adjusted outrageous contract demands
- Coaches / managers are now much more less likely to move to an unaffiliated league in a foreign country.
- Improved import speed for historical minor leagues
- Added support for import of individual historical minor leaguers
- More free agents will be willing to sign minor league contracts with major league options
- Online profile that will save played seasons and achievements
- Online league files now in ZIP format instead of tar/gz
- Smoother widgets during games
- More accurate triples and HR locations based on individual parks
- Added more fielder positioning options. Adjusted fielder positioning and AI.
- Added option to have the AI set up the initial fielder positions for you to adjust later. Added keyboard shortcuts to switch between shift options.
- Added support for displaying splits & double-splits stats in the team stats sections of the league stats screen
- Added support for the overall ratings to be on 20-80 scale in increments of 5
- Added support for importing and exporting retired numbers and their description
- Added uniform number history for players
- Improved roster and transaction AI
- Improved in-game AI
- Fictional player creation has been improved in a number of ways to be more realisic and resulting in a very stable league environment
- Improved player development & aging, resulting in more realistic careers

Bug fixes (excerpt)
- Awards now given out for final month of the season if it ends before the end of the month
- Players in minor league rehab no longer count against minor league roster limits
- Fixed time in the schedule editor to handle noon-times properly
- Fixed case where players in DFA would not show up in rule 5 eligible players
- Fixed case where left-handed throwing players would show position ratings on the infield
- Fixed vs LH/vs RH games started stats
- Adjusted arbitration estimates for multiple future years
- Adjusted player contracts AI
- Fixed Facegen player jersey "button tape" problem
- Fixed crash when viewing 3D with detailed PBP and a WP/PB happens
- Fixed case where players on rehab assignments might not be listed as available for the playoff roster
- Fixed crash when resuming a game by simulating which started as being played out
- Player stats import & export now supports splits

From the pre-order release above to the main release were many bug fixes. As well:
- New option to delay between pitches/AB when playing without pause between plays mode
- Added ticket price history widget option on financial pages

Cryomaniac 03-20-2017 07:52 AM

Speaking of double headers, did you fix the bug where, in the case of a very long extra inning first game, the start time of the second game was before the end of the first game?

Markus Heinsohn 03-20-2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomaniac (Post 4168648)
Speaking of double headers, did you fix the bug where, in the case of a very long extra inning first game, the start time of the second game was before the end of the first game?

That was just cosmetic, the game would actually start after the first game ended.

Cryomaniac 03-20-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4168652)
That was just cosmetic, the game would actually start after the first game ended.

Fair enough. Would be nice if it was displayed correctly though. Obviously cosmetic fixes are a long way down the list though.

Chico Guilbault 03-20-2017 08:05 AM

- Added uniform number history for players

And there it is...the minor featured buried in all the changes that makes me happier than many of the major features!

spleen1015 03-20-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4168640)
- Fictional player creation has been improved in a number of ways to be more realisic and resulting in a very stable league environment
- Improved player development & aging, resulting in more realistic careers

Can you elaborate on these changes? How were things improved? Give examples?

Chico Guilbault 03-20-2017 08:09 AM

Oh, and just curious what this is all about?

Lukas Berger 03-20-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault (Post 4168748)
Oh, and just curious what this is all about?

Iirc there was a bit of an ugly generated shadow on some of the unis.

Markus Heinsohn 03-20-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spleen1015 (Post 4168747)
Can you elaborate on these changes? How were things improved? Give examples?

There have been many changes made in this area, i.e. positional distribution, player talent creating, player age distribution, young player devlopment, defense & speed aging etc. etc. Overall the result is a more stable league environment and everything is a bit more realistic.

spleen1015 03-20-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukas Berger (Post 4168753)
Iirc there was a bit of an ugly generated shadow on some of the unis.

Any chance of showing us before & after pics? :D

Rayzor 03-20-2017 08:25 AM

WOW.....:thumbup: :woohoo:

spleen1015 03-20-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4168757)
There have been many changes made in this area, i.e. positional distribution, player talent creating, player age distribution, young player devlopment, defense & speed aging etc. etc. Overall the result is a more stable league environment and everything is a bit more realistic.

Thanks, Markus. What does 'a more stable league environment' mean? Just trying to understand the change.

mars001 03-20-2017 08:34 AM

Injuries?

Didn't I read an earlier post or email that the injury system was being revamped? I remember reading some details about the game providing more details when the injury happens (such as where the injury is and its severity (without specifying the number of days out)) if the delayed diagnosis is enabled.

Elektranaut 03-20-2017 08:34 AM

Round robin play off mode sounds interesting

Lukas Berger 03-20-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spleen1015 (Post 4168758)
Any chance of showing us before & after pics? :D

No, sorry. I don't think we have any.

LooneyOne 03-20-2017 08:38 AM

Every year you guys dont disappoint .. i appreciate the Dev Teams hard work .. player uni numbers history and the outrageous contract demands fix are my fave improvements .. now, if only you guys can add the ability to vote in players into an All-Decades Team to the league history ..

Déjà Bru 03-20-2017 09:06 AM

Holy Smokes, that's some list! :ohmy:

Padreman 03-20-2017 09:25 AM

New playoff format sound awesome

rjl518 03-20-2017 09:27 AM

DOUBLE ELIMINATION PLAYOFFS!!!!
:club::boogie::headbang::happy::drool::laugh:

FlipCup 03-20-2017 09:37 AM

Cannot wait! Thank you guys for the amazing work you do each year. Quick question; I have a new PC arriving tomorrow, does this mean I should not load OOTP on my current PC as the license can only be used once? :-(