OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FOF - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3878)
-   -   So... what feature are you most looking forward to? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=302954)

ZootMurph 05-06-2019 06:13 PM

So... what feature are you most looking forward to?

We know a few things... a bit of the old engine in the OOTP interface...

We know how Jim works... and he is basically needing to completely redevelop the game, so it will take some time... and he won't say anything until it's nearly ready..

So let's try to have a positive conversation and talk about what we:

a) Like about the old game.
b) Like about the OOTP interface.
c) What features we are looking forward to that we know will be in the new game...

I personally really want to see the FOF we all know and love in the OOTP interface. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in a new way. I'm very excited!

Sharkn20 05-07-2019 11:28 AM

Looking forward to actually have prospects into context with NCAA feeder league.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jackstunt 05-15-2019 10:22 AM

I'd love to be able to edit players and coaches. I sometimes play the game where I follow the career of one player and create rivals for them. For instance I want to create a good CB but then have his rival be a mega super star WR.

Or I will create an Elite Left Tackle and have him face an Elite Defense End just to see who would win.

I guess I want a sandbox mode.

Mike D 05-15-2019 07:01 PM

Staring at an excel spreadsheet

Tunnelrunner 05-22-2019 06:22 AM

Graphically speaking, I would love the ability to change the camera angle/view (like you could in the old Front Page Sports Football series for the PC). To be able to view a game from a horizontal "TV" view (ala Microleague Football for the PC or Super Bowl Sunday for the C64) or a vertical 3rd person view that get in the Madden series.

KJDelaney 05-22-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike D (Post 4488961)
Staring at an excel spreadsheet

That, is a solid post.

Reggie 05-23-2019 01:14 AM

Never played the old game. Graphically, I'm just hoping for some type of interface to show what is happening on the field.. little x's and o's would be fine for now. The most important part for me is the team building experience. The putting together of a team is the most entertaining part of simulations for me. And the draft...for football you need to nail the draft process. My favorite part of Madden was the crowd cheering when I made my selection...or even the total silence when I made a not so good pick.

Reggie 05-23-2019 01:19 AM

And speaking of the draft...it was my favorite part of the old Front Page Sports football game. Back when ink wasn't 43 million dollars an ounce, I printed out the entire draft class and made a draft board.. made notes and highlighted players I wanted in each round. The area where my computer desk was had a very low slanted ceiling.. I'd tape it all up on there so I could lean back in my chair during the draft and look at it.

My wife walked in and saw it and just said "omg you have problems" ... like I was watching dirty movies or something. lol

Spiff 05-23-2019 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie (Post 4492143)
And speaking of the draft...it was my favorite part of the old Front Page Sports football game. Back when ink wasn't 43 million dollars an ounce, I printed out the entire draft class and made a draft board.. made notes and highlighted players I wanted in each round. The area where my computer desk was had a very low slanted ceiling.. I'd tape it all up on there so I could lean back in my chair during the draft and look at it.

My wife walked in and saw it and just said "omg you have problems" ... like I was watching dirty movies or something. lol

I love every bit of your post.

backspace4353 06-22-2019 10:05 PM

The game.

kcroyalgm 06-24-2019 12:29 AM

On-line leagues.
No on-line leagues = no interest.
Just saying.

Hageneezz 08-07-2019 02:14 PM

I would like to have a 2d presentation of games played, but if that is not in the game yet, I would like to have a very elaborate text presentation, like in the early OOTP days

therockfrog 09-20-2019 08:13 PM

3d games....get that Front Page Football code and use it for the games. I used to love just calling plays and running them...I miss that game.

highandoutside 09-20-2019 10:16 PM

Strategic depth.

Two-d or 3d graphics. Man, can you imagine if the graphics for this game ever match the baseball game's graphics?

Sharkn20 09-20-2019 10:50 PM

Would love 2D graphics for starters here too.

SirMichaelJordan 10-04-2019 04:10 PM

AI making use of packages and rotating lineman.

All 16 coaching positions (Would be cool to see your old OL coach progress his way up to an OFF Coordinator to eventually becoming an HC.

OFF/DEF Coordinators shaping the OFF/DEF and calling plays if that is the HC’s preference.

Practice squad

Preseason roster cuts.

A difference between a 4-3 DE/DT and a 3-4 DE/DT

PSUColonel 10-04-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan (Post 4543686)
AI making use of packages and rotating lineman.

All 16 coaching positions (Would be cool to see your old OL coach progress his way up to an OFF Coordinator to eventually becoming an HC.

OFF/DEF Coordinators shaping the OFF/DEF and calling plays if that is the HC’s preference.

Practice squad

Preseason roster cuts.

A difference between a 4-3 DE/DT and a 3-4 DE/DT

Love these suggestions

Pontuzzza 10-05-2019 03:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Modding, of course. I am already starting make faces in FaceGen...

campinginalaska 10-07-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pontuzzza (Post 4543838)
Modding, of course. I am already starting make faces in FaceGen...

Damn thats impressive... Might as well remove the hair though, iirc, the reason we dont have hair in facegen is because the OOTP team can't seem to make it look organic.

Pontuzzza 10-08-2019 10:55 AM

Yeah, the hair will go away in the game. It will surely be like FHM6 and OOTP with a helmet on. But... It would be nice, for a change, if FOF runs with hair.

The hair i took was from Football Manager and those regenfaces.