OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3693)
-   -   What has happened to the Mods? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=292617)

KurtBevacqua 09-16-2018 09:52 PM

What has happened to the Mods?

Is it Steam, is it just the way the game has evolved, WTF? Used to be there was this amazing, robust mod community for OOTP. We now have this really amazing game and there is jack out there for mods on it. I was searching for a Negro League database, maybe a PCL quickstart, something to make the Negro Leagues the game amazingly currenltly has as a minor league into its own independent major league and...nothing. We used to have a very robust mod central, but now we have a very lightly populated workshop on Steam. Has the game lost momentum? It's just very disappointing how little is out there compared to where we were 5-6 years ago.

ArcAngel 09-16-2018 11:20 PM

Not sure where you've been, but the mods are as strong as they ever were. There's just nothing on the Steam Workshop.

But then, I thought that the Steam version of 19 had support for "Add-Ons Central" now?

ThatSeventiesGuy 09-17-2018 08:43 PM

A lot of the mod guys probably don't even use Steam. I mean, I don't, just because OOTP and FHM are pretty much the only games I play anyhow, so there's really not much of a point. :laugh:

Dfost35 09-18-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtBevacqua (Post 4367415)
Is it Steam, is it just the way the game has evolved, WTF? Used to be there was this amazing, robust mod community for OOTP. We now have this really amazing game and there is jack out there for mods on it. I was searching for a Negro League database, maybe a PCL quickstart, something to make the Negro Leagues the game amazingly currenltly has as a minor league into its own independent major league and...nothing. We used to have a very robust mod central, but now we have a very lightly populated workshop on Steam. Has the game lost momentum? It's just very disappointing how little is out there compared to where we were 5-6 years ago.

Im going to have to agree with you. I started playing in 2017 and have over 2000 hours between these last three versions. In 18 and now 19 I have noticed less of the community helping with requests and almost non existent mods being posted. It's a shame I jumped into the series as late as I did

nutt 09-25-2018 06:22 PM

I think what he is touching on is within the last 2-3 years, we have witnessed a downturn in mods. I mean sure, the uniforms, logos, artwork has seen an upswing with the editors released by justafan and eriqjaffe.

What KB is referring to is we no longer have somebody doing facegen requests anymore. It seems the fg group is no longer around or have disappeared. It has always been good to have people who do those but I get it.

I lurked for a couple of years before I signed up, so being around for ten years, I can see what he is referring to.

Lawn Loaf 10-02-2018 09:09 PM

I don't know if you've seen it or not but I've been grinding on these mods for over 7 months now with countless hours consumed. Maybe it's not your cup of tea but I'll post it anyway: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=285409

Outlaw Jim 10-02-2018 11:33 PM

I have been trying to post a response here and every time I go to post it I get logged off the system. I will keep this short. I have been doing facegen request for about 5 months now and have done about 75 plus another 500 I added to my own collection.

James

Spritze 10-03-2018 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtBevacqua (Post 4367415)
I was searching for a Negro League database, maybe a PCL quickstart, something to make the Negro Leagues the game amazingly currenltly has as a minor league into its own independent major league

Do this from the league setup screen you can.

pap1723 10-22-2018 04:01 PM

What am I missing? I am trying to add all of the All In One stuff that I had on previous versions of the game, but I cannot find them to download for OOTP19 and the ootpmods.com site is downloading corrupted files that cannot be opened.

f.montoya 10-24-2018 01:13 AM

If anyone has mods and wants to make them available to the public, send me a private message and we can start a new collection over at AllSimBaseball.

fredbeene 02-03-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutt (Post 4369741)
I think what he is touching on is within the last 2-3 years, we have witnessed a downturn in mods. I mean sure, the uniforms, logos, artwork has seen an upswing with the editors released by justafan and eriqjaffe.

What KB is referring to is we no longer have somebody doing facegen requests anymore. It seems the fg group is no longer around or have disappeared. It has always been good to have people who do those but I get it.

I lurked for a couple of years before I signed up, so being around for ten years, I can see what he is referring to.

If the mods central exists anymore (it used to be AWESOME) it is certainly not clear to all users.
STEAM which is where i bought mine and FHM. do noto have mod central.

And while this site is great and useful it is not geared to finding grouping storing downloading instructions for mods.

It is such a shame because the creativity we all have should be shared and enjoyed!

LeiterFanatic 02-04-2019 08:50 PM

I feel the same way. Used to be plug and play but I got out of OOTP and now wanted to fire it up and can't find jack ----. Can someone point me to anything close to the old all in one?

pstrickert 02-04-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredbeene (Post 4427295)
If the mods central exists anymore (it used to be AWESOME) it is certainly not clear to all users.
STEAM which is where i bought mine and FHM. do noto have mod central.

And while this site is great and useful it is not geared to finding grouping storing downloading instructions for mods.

It is such a shame because the creativity we all have should be shared and enjoyed!

For the Steam version, you’ll find mods in what is called Workshop Central.

burning_phoneix 03-27-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrickert (Post 4428277)
For the Steam version, you’ll find mods in what is called Workshop Central.

Workshop Central or Steam Workshop?

pstrickert 03-27-2019 12:17 PM

Workshop Central is what it's called on the OOTP Start Screen. But it's the Steam Workshop, regardless.

Chomps 04-05-2019 08:50 PM

What is the Server URL for Add Ons Central? Are any mods even posted there? Will an All-In-One-Mod be available this Spring?

dancariaz 04-06-2019 07:15 AM

Is there a pack out there for foreign/independent team logos? Just need the logos, don't care about uniforms or other stuff.

polydamas 04-07-2019 03:25 PM

I noticed that OOTPmods is gone, but I was curious if the server was still up for Add-Ons Central. So, I used waybackmachine and found a screenshot of the webpage. Then, I followed the directions and it turns out you can still access the server in Add-ons Central. Go to "Add-Server" and put in:

http://ootpmods.com/mods/ootpmods18.xml

All mods should be compatible. Edit: I should warn, there isn't a huge up to date selection.