OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3961)
-   -   pickoff bug (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=302448)

pitch62 04-22-2019 07:01 AM

pickoff bug

Pitcher throws to second base in order to try and pickoff the runner. The only problem is, the pitcher is throwing the ball to the runner and not the fielder.

NoOne 04-22-2019 01:55 PM

hahah, yeah, i bet they consider that a bug. post in bugs forum, just in case this was missed.

i'm assuming this wasn't a one time occurence, too.

didn't you hear the new pick-off rules? yeah, they figure if you can dodge a ball, you can dodge a wrench.

Dodge, dip, dive, duck and dodge!

Matt Arnold 04-22-2019 03:09 PM

If you peg a player off the bases he's out, right?

Syd Thrift 04-22-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 4478531)
If you peg a player off the bases he's out, right?

You joke but I'm almost positive that that was a rule in the 1870s...

NoOne 04-23-2019 10:40 AM

those guys smoked a fat cigar while they ran the bases. probably half-drunk too.

Syd Thrift 04-23-2019 11:03 AM

The ball wasn't as tightly wound as it is today so it wasn't like throwing a rock at people. Also, of course, nobody wore gloves back then. It was a different time. On a related note, Markus, can we please FINALLY get average and over as a sortable statistic in this game????

UltimateAverageGuy 04-23-2019 10:50 PM

A bug post not in the bug forum means youre looking for attention

CurlyKarkovice 04-24-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoOne (Post 4478959)
those guys smoked a fat cigar while they ran the bases. probably half-drunk too.

Sounds like a wiffle ball league I was in 10 years ago. There's a picture somewhere out there of me standing on 3rd base smoking a cigarette with Miller High Life tall boy in my hand. Lol

pitch62 04-24-2019 04:00 PM

Bug Forum

I really wasn't looking for attention! I was trying to present it on the main forum, since bugs don't seem to be fixed on the bug forum. When a pitcher throws to second base to try and pickoff the runner, but throws the ball to the runner, instead of the fielder, I guess it's possible that the runner could tag himself out. If that's the way they did it in the 1800's, please accept my apology.

Syd Thrift 04-24-2019 04:12 PM

Bugs are taken in on that forum, logged into the bug tracker, prioritized and worked on. OOTP doesn't employ a person to scour through those logs and respond to people when they believe that the bug has been fixed, and I'll go so far as to say that the places that do that kind of thing (which really comes down more to very small places where the devs themselves are directly interacting with customers) do more harm than good.

Not to sound mean but the fact that you reported a bug and people didn't respond to it doesn't mean nobody noticed it.

NoOne 04-24-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice (Post 4479369)
Sounds like a wiffle ball league I was in 10 years ago. There's a picture somewhere out there of me standing on 3rd base smoking a cigarette with Miller High Life tall boy in my hand. Lol

you could have been a pro in the 1800's. their beer wasn't watered-down, either.

NoOne 04-24-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitch62 (Post 4479526)
I really wasn't looking for attention! I was trying to present it on the main forum, since bugs don't seem to be fixed on the bug forum. When a pitcher throws to second base to try and pickoff the runner, but throws the ball to the runner, instead of the fielder, I guess it's possible that the runner could tag himself out. If that's the way they did it in the 1800's, please accept my apology.

no worries, no rational person thinks posting in the bug forums is a scream for attention. it only helps.

read the patch notes to see summary of implemented fixes. they don't put everything in the patch notes, but the important stuff definitely makes it.

in this case it'll be some generalized statement like, 'continued 3d graphics improvements or something.

Matt Arnold 04-24-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoOne (Post 4479544)
no worries, no rational person thinks posting in the bug forums is a scream for attention. it only helps.

read the patch notes to see summary of implemented fixes. they don't put everything in the patch notes, but the important stuff definitely makes it.

in this case it'll be some generalized statement like, 'continued 3d graphics improvements or something.

"Fixed misc. 3d game issues" to be precise :p

*and as people mentioned, we do read through the issues in both forums, and we won't always reply to messages saying that they're fixed. If you believe it's a legit bug, please post in the bug reports forum.