OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   Relegation Help (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303458)

naterg1 05-22-2019 01:47 AM

Relegation Help

I have a 2-tier promotion relegation league setup. I have it so that promotion and relegation are done manually. I want the top two teams in the 2nd league to play each other for a “second division championship.” I then want them to have to play the bottom team in the 1st division to try to earn promotion.

I also want the two worst teams in the first division to play each other to see who gets to stay in the first division and who has to play the second division champ for the right to play in the first division during the next season.

I know I have to schedule some games manually to make that happen. The question I have is this. What kind of games do I need to schedule in order for the stats to be kept appropriately? I would like to be able to quickly glance at the stats on a players BNN Profile page and see how they performed in promotion/relegation playoff games.

(If it helps, I don’t have any minor leagues, just reserve rosters)

I was thinking that I would need to create exhibition games but I’m not sure if those stats would be kept. I then thought about trying to schedule them as “tournament” games or “tournament playoff” games. It seems like games with those designations would be saved. They might even be saved under minor league stats if I remember correctly.

Does anyone know how I could best achieve what I’m looking for?

Any help would be appreciated.

andyhdz 05-22-2019 11:41 AM

Since ootp isn't setup to have a loser moves forward format you'll need to create two separate tournaments. The first tournament will be your tier 1 relegation tournament where the bottom two teams play each other. The loser of that tournament you will then add to your second tournament which will start after in which they play the tier 2 champion. All this is manual but the stats will be kept in the players profile. Read up on how to setup tournaments in the manual. Easy peasy.

One last thing set, set this up right after your season ends because your main leagues will continue rolling right along and you don't want free agency to screw up your rosters. I have a relegation promotion league too and did the same thing you did except I don't have the 2nd tournament where tier 1 plays tier 2. I just have my tier 1 loser of their tournament get sent down and the tier 2 champion moves up which happened to my team just this past season. Now I have to figure out a way to win my tier 2 again and have a stronger team because I got spanked good in tier 1 play. it was cool (not cool) watching my two best players opt out of their contract after we got sent down.