OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 17 - Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3911)
-   -   New League Forming - European Soccer Style (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=268181)

andymays 07-02-2016 04:31 PM

New League Forming - European Soccer Style

OPEN TEAMS: Liverpool (EPL), Sevilla (LL), Valencia (LL) and Cagliari (SA).

Link with information about current season: 2028 Season Spreadsheet

Hello! I wanted to let you know about an OOTP17 league called Union of European Baseball Association (UEBA). We are in our 4th season. We had a very strong first three seasons and looking forward to many, many more. We will move to OOTP18 this summer (around July 2017).

League Website Link: UEBA Home

The United European Baseball Association (UEBA) in an online baseball league operated using Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP). The UEBA strives to create a fun and unique experience to the OOTP universe by looking to and applying the formats and ideas of European soccer into the baseball world when possible. Foremost the UEBA operates similar to European Soccer where teams compete in multiple competitions at the same time throughout the season. These ideas shall be merged with existing and familiar ones to find a balance that is unique and enjoyable for a variety of OOTP players.

The rules are unique so please make sure you take a look at them and let me know if you have any questions.

League Rulebook Link: UEBA Rule Book

If you are interested in joining the league, please submit the “Join Our League” request off the top menu on the league’s website.

Join Our League Link: Join Our League

There are 4 domestic leagues and regular season games are played every weekend (FRI/SAT/SUN). European competitions are played between leagues throughout the season and those games are played mid-week (TUE/WED/THU). All of the competition information (Champions League, Europa League, Association Cup, League Cup, Super Cup) is organized and viewable in a Google Doc. Below is a link to the Master Schedule spreadsheet so you can see how all of the competitions are setup. It also has the master schedule with all information about sim structure for each season.

Master Schedule Spreadsheet Link: Master Schedule Spreadsheet

You can find out much more information by selecting the Master Sheet spreadsheet link below. The first tab has the GM Directory information which is updated in real time so you can see which teams are available. The second tab has important league links, including previous test season’s spreadsheet and all of the financials for the test seasons. I simulated the league 10 seasons ahead before putting the league online to even the talent in addition to fully understand the financial aspect of such a unique style OOTP league.

League Master Sheet: Master Sheet Spreadsheet

The league uses online communication tool Slack to communicate with each other. I can help you get set up with our group to stay connected with the other GMs. Another unique aspect of the league is that we conduct our entire First Year Player Draft on StatsLab so you have full control of all 10 picks each season.

In conclusion, if you love a daily sim league that has majority of their sims done via the real time live sim function then this league is one you will really enjoy. Also, you do not need to know, understand and/or enjoy soccer to enjoy this OOTP online baseball league. However, if you do enjoy soccer then you will definitely love this league!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I am in the process of filling this league and believe it will fill up pretty quick.

Thanks for your time!

Andy Mayfield
andymayfield2@gmail.com
UEBA Home

andymays 07-02-2016 11:40 PM

I also wanted to add that I am currently a commish of a modern MLB league (USBLM). I have done that for over 2 calendar years and 7+ seasons. I am a very dedicated commish and have been wanting to get this league started for a while. If you are interested in a fun league with knowledgeable commish that is committed, please consider getting in on the ground floor of this league.

USF 07-03-2016 12:32 AM

I just submitted an application :-)
Very organized setup and unique league concept.
Good job!

andymays 07-03-2016 12:50 AM

Thanks! I have been working on the league for some time now. Wanted to run 10 test seasons and get it fully organized before putting it online. I love this concept and want to make sure I do everything to ensure the league is very successful.

I received your request and just sent you an email welcoming you to the league. Let me know if you do not receive the email.

USF 07-03-2016 01:45 AM

Joined the league tonight. Great group of guys. Commish sent a welcome email with instructions on how to setup everything (Forum, Slack, League). Everything was spot on with no issues.

:thumbup1:

kcroyalgm 07-03-2016 06:34 PM

This looks totally engaging and I will "join the league" today.

andymays 07-03-2016 07:55 PM

Hey kcroyalgm! Glad you are interested in the league! I am excited to get started. It will definitely be fun, unique and engaging.

GeorgiaBowties 07-05-2016 01:01 PM

I have been a competing GM against Andy in the USBA for a long time now and can vouch for his OOTP prowess. This league will be very well planned with the goal to be a long running league. As soon as he opened it up I jumped on Everton BC. If you are on the fence I highly suggest you give this a shot if the format intrigues you because I know the the admin side will be solid.

Cheers!

andymays 07-05-2016 04:26 PM

The league is filling up quickly. If you want in on the ground floor of a team and build your team from the initial free agent draft, get your request in to join our league.

You don't need to know anything about soccer to enjoy this league. If you like college baseball, I think you will enjoy the league setup because there are league games on FRI/SAT/SUN and occasional non-league games midweek on TUE/WED/THU.

andymays 07-06-2016 10:21 AM

We are up to 25 filled teams now. Looking to add 7-10 more and then we will start the free agent draft. If you are looking for a new, unique and fun OOTP experience you will love this league. We have some great GMs already on board and just need a couple more so we can get going. You will love building your team from stretch and placing your own stamp on the team, rather than just take what was given to you by a previous person.

not_blib 07-07-2016 12:49 PM

I am a GM in Andy's USBLM league and have been more than happy with the way it is run. He is consistent with his scheduling and provides constant communication. I am looking forward to the new UEBA league, as it's such an intriguing format. I'm confident this league will run like a well-oiled machine and am pretty excited for the draft. Hopefully we'll fill up soon.

redsoxaholic 07-07-2016 04:17 PM

Everybody who is interested in soccer or not at all interested (like me) should join, it's a very diverse and unique setup, and we have many experienced GM's from other leagues in here too. Plus Andy is a very committed commish who has everything setup and planned out already, which is incredible.

Rain King 07-07-2016 08:46 PM

In! Really excited for this type of setup.

GeorgiaBowties 07-11-2016 09:12 AM

Things are rolling along really well in in the UEBA. We have filled almost all of the teams, but are looking for a few more GMs as we enter season 1.

andymays 07-15-2016 07:28 PM

We now have 36 of the 40 teams filled and will complete Rounds 7 & 8 tonight. The draft will be done on Sunday, July 24th with the first season to follow. Still enough time to take over one of the 4 remaining teams and build it through the inaugural draft.

USF 07-16-2016 12:08 PM

Great league, great guys, well run, excellent communication - still early to get in and put your dog print on your team.

andymays 08-21-2016 11:06 AM

We currently have 3 openings: 1) Newcastle United (EPL), 2) Torino (SA), RCD Espanyol (LL)

We have a great group of GMs that are very active. We sim daily M-F with majority of sims done via live real-time sim option. You can watch your team play during the morning & into early afternoon.

Please see the first post in this thread about the steps to join. Hope you consider this great, fun and very unique league.

Andy

GeorgiaBowties 08-21-2016 06:32 PM

This league is top notch in every sense of the word. Andy (commish) does an excellent job running the league. The assistant Commish has brought some features to this league that take you well beyond the stats that OOTP provides. At present these features are only available to one other OOTP league in existance.

stevem810 08-21-2016 11:34 PM

Andy demonstrates the organizational qualities required to manage the complexities of a baseball world the size and scope of UEBA by being creative, timely, and by utilizing a well conceived plan that he developed.

I think this league will offer up a very new experience for most of us. I am looking forward to seeing it develop it's own history. A good time to join...we're just getting started.

Shakeypaws 08-22-2016 02:19 PM

Unique league with interesting features, a detailed constitution, frequent sims, and dedicated leadership. Check it out!