OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   20 team, 152 game schedule (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=187212)

gmo 08-12-2009 10:37 PM

20 team, 152 game schedule

1 Attachment(s)
#
# 20 team schedule, 152 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 1 subleague with 1 division with 20 teams
#
# Since balanced, can work for any balanced schedule 20-team configuration
#
# 8 games against 19 other teams in division (4H/4A)
#
#
# Teams are paired into traveling partners
# Except when playing each other pairs always matchup against other pairs
# Play one series against one team of pair then next series against other team
# Pairings by the numbers in the file are:
# 13/11, 12/14, 2/10, 1/20, 6/19, 4/3, 7/18, 5/15, 9/8, 16/17
#
# Schedule is all 4-game series
# Offdays scattered about between series, usually after every 1-2 series
# All teams off on same days
#
# Each team plays in 14 doubleheaders through course of season
#
# Homestands and roadtrips extend as long as 28 games
# because of 4-game series and travel partner system
#
# Doubleheader game times set at 1:05pm/5:05pm
# Team #3 plays all home games at 2:05pm, otherwise...
# Weekday game times set at ~70% 7:05pm and ~30% at 2:05pm)
# Weekend game times set at ~80% 2:05pm and ~20% at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins April 6 and ends September 16
# No All-Star game specified since only 1 division and no league-wide offdays
#

Curtis 08-17-2009 08:31 AM

I cannot load this schedule. I get a notation that it doesn't match my league structure. I tried opening it up in TextWrangler, and I saw that it says "1" games per team. Shouldn't this read "4"? (The typical, indeed the only, series length should be 4 games.) Can I edit this change in myself, or is there a different problem?

gmo 08-20-2009 09:39 PM

It should have said 152 games per team, so I am not sure what is going on with your text editor. That should not matter though since I think the problem is that I needed to fix the parameters on the schedule. With a single division the "SL1_D1" part needs to not be in there.

Anyway, I have changed the attachment in the top post. Download the new and try it. Hopefully this will finally work.

Curtis 08-22-2009 07:14 PM

That did work. Matchups were:

Mets (H) vs. Yankees (travel pair plays each other)

Highlanders (H) vs. Phillies (travel pair plays each other)

Cubs (H) vs. Twins (Cubs/White Sox pair plays at home vs. Twins/Colts pair)
White Sox (H) vs. Colt .45s

Indians (H) vs. Tigers (Indians/Pirates pair plays at home vs. Tigers/Athletics pair)
Pirates (H) vs. Athletics

Orioles (H) vs. Angels (Orioles/Senators pair plays at home vs. Angels/Dodgers pair)
Senators (H) vs. Dodgers

Red Sox (H) vs. Giants (Red Sox/Hurons pair plays at home vs. Giants/Cardinals pair)
Hurons (H) vs. Cardinals

My guess would be that everything matched up they way you planned, and you'll be able to consider this commission completed. Congratulations; very good work. (If you do still want to change something, just post back here and let me know. I won't be advancing a day until after Labor Day.)

gmo 08-23-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis (Post 2805711)
Matchups were:

Mets (H) vs. Yankees (travel pair plays each other)

Highlanders (H) vs. Phillies (travel pair plays each other)

Cubs (H) vs. Twins (Cubs/White Sox pair plays at home vs. Twins/Colts pair)
White Sox (H) vs. Colt .45s

Indians (H) vs. Tigers (Indians/Pirates pair plays at home vs. Tigers/Athletics pair)
Pirates (H) vs. Athletics

Orioles (H) vs. Angels (Orioles/Senators pair plays at home vs. Angels/Dodgers pair)
Senators (H) vs. Dodgers

Red Sox (H) vs. Giants (Red Sox/Hurons pair plays at home vs. Giants/Cardinals pair)
Hurons (H) vs. Cardinals

That is close to right, but not quite. The New York teams were mixed up. There should be NYH @ NYY & PHI @ NYM to begin the season. I have made changes in the schedule and replaced the attachment above. So download the new and try it.

Another perhaps easier check would be looking at the very last games of the year. Those should all be matchups between the travel partners.

Curtis 09-04-2009 08:33 PM

Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back to you; I've been playing a different game for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, Opening Day is now correct, but the closing series are, again, almost right. You have the Yankees playing the Highlanders and the Mets playing the Phillies, when it should be Yankees/Mets and Phillies/Highlanders. The other eight series are correct.

gmo 09-05-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis (Post 2813973)
...the closing series are, again, almost right. You have the Yankees playing the Highlanders and the Mets playing the Phillies, when it should be Yankees/Mets and Phillies/Highlanders. The other eight series are correct.

Now I am somewhat confused with what I have. I will try to figure it out. Whether or not it is before I get something else new posted, can you please tell me what the final day matchups are for the original schedule I put up for this? I will post it here too in case you discarded it. With those two sets of data points, I should be able to pin it down exactly.

gmo 09-05-2009 04:04 PM

I think what would surely allow me to figure this out is if you could attach a copy of a team.csv file from a CSV export dump of the league's data. That will give the order of the teams in the league so I can adjust the schedule correctly.

Curtis 09-05-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmo (Post 2814243)
Can you please tell me what the final day matchups are for the original schedule I put up for this?

Giants at Cardinals
Angels at Dodgers
Indians at Pirates
Colts at Twins
Cubs at White Sox
Athletics at Tigers
Senators at Orioles
Hurons at Red Sox — these eight are correct in both schedules

Phillies at Yankees
Highlanders at Mets — these two are wrong in the first schedule

Yankees at Highlanders
Phillies at Mets — these two are wrong in the second schedule

The Yankees should be playing the Mets, and the Highlanders should be playing the Phillies, though I have no idea which team should be home in either case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmo (Post 2814369)
I think what would surely allow me to figure this out is if you could attach a copy of a team.csv file from a CSV export dump of the league's data. That will give the order of the teams in the league so I can adjust the schedule correctly.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that. RonCo tried to explain exporting to me, but I didn't understand.

Carplos 09-05-2009 08:46 PM

Game | Database info | Tools (in the lower right) | Export data to csv

Curtis 09-05-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carplos (Post 2814542)
Game | Database info | Tools (in the lower right) | Export data to csv

Okay, where did it go? I hit the button, it spent a minute or so downloading, but when I quit the program, there was nothing on my desktop.

I guess I still don't understand exporting.

Carplos 09-05-2009 10:56 PM

Should go to an import_export subfolder of your LeagueName.lg folder under saved games.

Curtis 09-05-2009 11:30 PM

… and it did. Marvelous! Thank you, Carplos.

Now, how do I attach the team.csv file? According to the forum attachments manager, it's an invalid file, since it ends in .csv, which isn't a recognized extension. (Yes, I did try it anyway; it didn't work.)

gmo 09-06-2009 12:34 AM

Okay, I think I finally have it. *fingers crossed* Give the attached a look.

gmo 09-06-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis (Post 2814637)
… and it did. Marvelous! Thank you, Carplos.

Now, how do I attach the team.csv file? According to the forum attachments manager, it's an invalid file, since it ends in .csv, which isn't a recognized extension. (Yes, I did try it anyway; it didn't work.)

You could zip it or resave it as a .txt file. Hopefully it will not be necessary, but still do it if you can get it to work.

Carplos 09-06-2009 12:37 AM

If the board supports attaching .txt files (which I think it does), just change the extension. It will still be in the proper format for gmo to look at.

(i.e. teams.csv to teams.txt)

Curtis 09-06-2009 01:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you, gmo. File a3 worked (at least at the beginning and the end). Attempting to attach teams.txt:

I have no zipping application.

gmo 09-07-2009 10:42 AM

Well, the teams.csv file did not show me what I was expecting. But I was pretty much certain that the latest version was correct since I came to understand why the first two were off, and indeed you confirmed the correct set of final matchups between paired teams.

I have deleted the other attachments and put what should be the final version up in the first post of this thread. Download that new copy up there. It has the same name as the latest version, but there are tweaks in gametimes to what was up previously.

Curtis 09-07-2009 05:56 PM

Thank you, gmo. You've gone above and beyond what anyone should expect from a volunteer. Now you've spoiled me.

gmo 09-09-2009 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The attached is for testing the above schedule with parameters adjusted to apply to the league split into 2 divisions within the single subleague. Note that the balanced_games parameter is changed to "N" (meaning that option needs to be unchecked). That is not significant - the schedule is still the same balanced with all opponents played 8 times. The game just chokes on certain situations if the labels like for balanced_games are not consistent with what it expects.

My assumption is that league structure will be edited with the creation of a new division and the movement of 10 teams to that new division. After doing that and importing this new schedule, please let me know the last day matchups along with the game ID for each matchup. That is not shown on the regular schedule/score screen from where you can select games to play/watch but can be seen on the edit schedule screen for the last day of the season.