OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3944)
-   -   P-406, Season 2042 (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303161)

Kushiel 05-13-2019 08:41 AM

P-406, Season 2042

WoW! This is going to be a tough one! My 2 Diamond teams both got promoted this week and are fodder in this league that I seem to have drug them into. :o:D

Good luck everybody! I hope Zorro returns this week.

Orcin 05-13-2019 09:45 AM

Somehow, I was sucked into this Vortex of Doom. I think I will just check back on Sunday to see if I was relegated.

Dunzie 05-13-2019 10:28 AM

Oh dear GAWD. There are 39... THIRTY-NINE!!!... WS Championships at the PERFECT level in this league. Why oh why did I come back for more suffering! This could be the week my Red team is in danger of relegation.

Stiff, horrible, relentless competition. Good luck everyone.

PS Zorro go easy on my Blues.

joehart 05-13-2019 10:43 AM

Can someone post a screenshot of the new league?

Kushiel 05-13-2019 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go, Joe. There is no easy path anywhere.

Dunzie 05-13-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kushiel (Post 4487801)
There is no easy path anywhere.

AMEN.

The leagues my 3 teams were in last year had 9 and 18 world series titles at the perfect level. This one has 39. For more perspective, consider that most of these teams have been battling each other frequently over the past bunch of seasons, so that means only 1 WS title to go around. 39 is an uncanny number. There are 8 teams here with multiple WS titles at perfect.

Suffice it to say my goals change in this league. In the division my Blues are in, I'd be thrilled with a playoff (WC) opportunity, but consider it highyl unlikely. And this team's won 3 Perfect WS. I can see this being a rough year.

My Golds I expect to finish somewhere between relegation and the wild card spots, likely out of contention by the ASB and just trying to play .500. And they won their division in P412 last year.

My Reds? Bah, this is going to be rough. Last season missed the WC spot by 1 game, and the division leader (my Golds) by the same 1 game. This year I honestly see flirting with relegation. What a kicker that would be, although maybe a diamond league would provide a winning opportunity.

Let's see how accurate my predictions are.

Kushiel 05-13-2019 11:47 AM

I think I will have the relegation sewed up :) Check out my two new Perfect teams, Loose Cannons and Ursa Minor. They are in the prototypical deep doodoo. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Dunzie 05-13-2019 12:20 PM

Well I'll say this... those 2 teams look like they were built by someone who's learned a thing or two about building a team. You've got smart cards if not a team full of Perfects, and some of the best golds you can get, and balanced overall. I'm sure you climbed faster with them than most new players by a mile. My Reds are maybe a little more diamond-loaded on paper, but we'll see if that matters at season's end.

And here goes... first 3-game set with the Zorros for my Blues. Yikes.

Dunzie 05-13-2019 12:34 PM

He should at least have the decency to smoke me when he wins, not do these heartbreaking one-run tight late wins. Such a jerk.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-.../i-WKWmSn6.jpg

... also, he should have the decency to come in here and smack talk us after wins! :laugh:

Dunzie 05-13-2019 02:02 PM

... and...

SWEPT.

Sigh.

Kushiel 05-13-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunzie (Post 4487884)
... and...

SWEPT.

Sigh.

Ouch! I better go check my teams.

Dunzie 05-14-2019 11:07 AM

Another 4 game set with Zorro. I'm 14-7 against the rest of the league and 2-5 against him. Figures I'd end up battling him in this division. Sigh.

Orcin 05-14-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kushiel (Post 4487822)
I think I will have the relegation sewed up :) Check out my two new Perfect teams, Loose Cannons and Ursa Minor. They are in the prototypical deep doodoo. :rolleyes: :laugh:

I checked this morning and Ursa Minor is ahead of me. ;)

Kushiel 05-14-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin (Post 4488313)
I checked this morning and Ursa Minor is ahead of me. ;)

I am amazed that they are 2 games under .500 in this league. It will not last. I am definitely unfriending my 2 lesser teams from the Yaks this week. I just thought I wanted the Yaks to drag them along with their seeding each week.;):D

Dunzie 05-14-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kushiel (Post 4488461)
I am amazed that they are 2 games under .500 in this league. It will not last. I am definitely unfriending my 2 lesser teams from the Yaks this week. I just thought I wanted the Yaks to drag them along with their seeding each week.;):D

Might be with ya. As much as I think my Gold team can kind of hang in this group and not get relegated, the Reds are definitely going to have to catch some breaks along the way. Not much hope of winning anything in this league of doom. Even my Blues are an also ran and they've won titles. But being able to have some forum banter with friendly folks around here is the bonus.

Dunzie 05-14-2019 08:28 PM

How awesome is it to get to face Perfect Pedro three times in about a week? Sooooo awesome. Let me tell you.

Dunzie 05-14-2019 08:50 PM

17 teams have Kevin Brown in their rotation. 20 have Mike Trout. There are 13 Pedro Martinez's - 6 of which are of the perfect variety. 20 have Mookie Betts, although Kentucky has two versions so there's 21 in the league. 20 Blake Treinens. 13 Francisco Lindors. 18 Randy Johnsons (8 Perfects). 13 have a silver Simmons. 7 have a bronze Aparicio. 12 Dallas Keuchels, although 2 are the live version. 8 Ty Cobbs. 10 Greg Maddux.

One Great Matrix 05-15-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunzie (Post 4488532)
17 teams have Kevin Brown in their rotation. 20 have Mike Trout. There are 13 Pedro Martinez's - 6 of which are of the perfect variety. 20 have Mookie Betts, although Kentucky has two versions so there's 21 in the league. 20 Blake Treinens. 13 Francisco Lindors. 18 Randy Johnsons (8 Perfects). 13 have a silver Simmons. 7 have a bronze Aparicio. 12 Dallas Keuchels, although 2 are the live version. 8 Ty Cobbs. 10 Greg Maddux.

Yeah...I mean...sometimes I think...the whole history of baseball ...

Whatever. Ha.

Just meaning that quite a bit of repitition for over 140 real seasons. Buuut... well no buts, but nevermind me if you want.

Dunzie 05-17-2019 12:49 PM

I better stop watching. Things have gone rough for all three of my teams. The Blues were challenging Zorro I thought... got within a couple games after a strong stretch, and now suddenly on a cold stretch and falling back and in danger of getting caught in the wild card.

Gold had a horrendous stretch that saw them go 2nd to 4th in the division, and Reds finally coming back to earth after a surprisingly competitive start. Both these teams have fallen right out of wild card contention now with 1-9 and 2-8 streaks going.

Ouch.

Kushiel 05-17-2019 04:50 PM

This is a hard league to spend a season in for sure. Both my new perfect teams are settling downward as expected while the Yaks are fighting tooth and nail.