OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3949)
-   -   Invalid Database Version! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=301234)

Tettamanti 03-29-2019 05:59 PM

Invalid Database Version!

I'm getting the Invalid Database Version error after setting up a game. I've set up a game and it is visible in the My Docs folder. When I start the game, I can't see the game in the "Load Game" menu. Also, the "continue game" button is lit and when I press it, I get the "Invalid Database Version!" error.

I've uninstalled the game, deleted the info in the two directories (My Docs and the OOTP directory in the steam directory) and reinstalled the program and started new. I've also uninstalled STEAM as well and reinstalled.
Same problem with same results.

Additionally, There are no games in the Load game area. If I try to set up a new custom game, and name it the same name as one that I previously made, it says that there is another file with that name (even though I can't see it in the Load game area). Can you help?

Tettamanti 03-29-2019 08:30 PM

Ok...now I'm at home on a different computer. Same results.

Setup:
Windows 10 - FHM 5.8.70 (Steam)

Custom game using only NHL (no farms or juniors)
All defaults for all screens
Using Joe Average info (no changes)
Cannot be fired from NHL Vegas Golden Knights
GM/HC

JeffR 03-30-2019 12:42 PM

It sounds like the save itself may be corrupted, but I'd like to have a look at that myself to make sure before we investigate further in that direction. Could you upload it? (instructions in this post.)

One thing to try right now, although I'm not optimistic it would let the game load, would be to delete the load_index.dat file from your saved_games folder. That should, at least, result in the save being visible in your load screen.

Tettamanti 03-30-2019 11:20 PM

That didn't work...the game is still NOT listed in the load screen. It is weird because it has happened to two machines in two separate places. I've uploaded my file. Tett.lg.rar

Also...the game works correctly when I set up a Historical league. It appears that when I use "Custom League" the set up files setup start going from 0% to 100% and then when it gets to scouting (or right around there), it doesn't complete and kicks me out of the game. So ultimately, it's not completing setup. Can you try to set up a game with my settings (see below) and see if your files correctly setup? Hope that helps.

Custom game using only NHL (no farms or juniors)
All defaults for all screens
Using Joe Average info (no changes)
No when it asks about Challenge mode
Start EMPLOYED WITH NHL Vegas Golden Knights (I believe that this is the problem)
GM/HC

If I start UNEMPLOYED, the game sets up properly

JeffR 03-31-2019 03:05 AM

Ah, that is crashing for me, too. Definitely something wrong they're, we'll have to fix that.

Tettamanti 03-31-2019 03:33 PM

Thank you. Thought I was going crazy.