OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 4 - Technical Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3932)
-   -   Too Many Players (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=289724)

HelmFTW 05-17-2018 09:20 PM

Too Many Players

I am running a team in the WSM and the teams in the Extraliiga have sent so many players down to my team that I cannot progress. They have sent me 24 skaters and my roster limit is 25 players and I MUST have 2 goalies, of which they have sent down none. This is also my first experience with this game and it is super frustrating.

Adam B 05-17-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelmFTW (Post 4325526)
I am running a team in the WSM and the teams in the Extraliiga have sent so many players down to my team that I cannot progress. They have sent me 24 skaters and my roster limit is 25 players and I MUST have 2 goalies, of which they have sent down none. This is also my first experience with this game and it is super frustrating.

You can either send guys down or call them up via who you have signed. Right click on names. If you're not sure who you have signed, click on Roster > Contracts to see who you have contracted and can call up.

HelmFTW 05-17-2018 10:38 PM

I sent down everyone that I have signed to my team. I can't send down the players that were sent down to me because I don't have them under contract.

JeffR 05-18-2018 12:49 AM

Can you upload the save? Instructions for uploading it are here. I should be able to fix the situation for you, but I'd also like to have a look at how the exact situation evolved so we can avoid this in the future.

HelmFTW 05-18-2018 09:23 AM

All uploaded, called it TooManyPlayers. Thank you!

JeffR 05-19-2018 02:59 AM

OK, looks like the source of the issue is the way the farm teams in the Czech leagues are set up; with 3 higher-division teams using you as a farm team that's overloading the way the farm-parent roster situation normally works. We're going to have to make some changes there next year.

In the meantime, the simplest workaround is to turn commissioner mode on in Manager Options, and when they overfill your roster like that, choose the extra players assigned to you by Sparta/Litvinov/Mountfield (however many you need to remove to get your roster playable) and, on the player edit screen (last tab on the player profile), switch their Current Team to a team in the Czech third division ("2. hokejova...", it's the third one listed under the Czech Republic.) Any team, doesn't matter which one, although you probably want to avoid HC Decin because that's your farm team and you don't want to fill their roster to the point where you can't use them. What that'll do is force the player onto that roster for the remainder of the season. They can't move him back to you once he's there. Not a very elegant solution, but it'll work.

HelmFTW 05-19-2018 06:33 AM

Awesome, thank you so much for the help!