OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3636)
-   -   Announcing the web-based Cap Maker! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=257873)

eriqjaffe 08-17-2015 10:30 AM

Announcing the web-based Cap Maker!

Good morning!

A few months back, I published an online Park Generator. Toward the tail end of the process, I began to wonder what else I could do with the same basic web technologies.

To that end, I preset Cap Maker!

http://i.imgur.com/xd8JL9z.png

It's heavily influenced by justafan's terrific (and more full-featured) Ballcap Creator. The main difference is that a web-based utility is platform agnostic. Mac, Windows, Linux, mobile device? As long as it's a relatively modern browser, this should work.

It's fairly basic in terms of the designs you can create, but I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out. Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or what have you.

Like the Park Generator, the Cap Maker is available at OOTP Utilities.

Have fun!

vulcan4 08-17-2015 10:34 AM

Awesome, mate!!!
I'l give you some feedback when I'm done. Hey, either way......it's people like you and justafan (among others, including the guys that take requests for unis etc) that cause a genre like this )OOTP and FOF type sims) to flourish and are successful. ;) :) :D

So.......a BIG THANK YOU, to YOU ALL, for doing this - these types of things for us!!!!!

vulcan4 08-17-2015 10:36 AM

The OOTP Utilities link you provided is not working for me. FYI.

vulcan4 08-17-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulcan4 (Post 3909936)
The OOTP Utilities link you provided is not working for me. FYI.

The link is not working on either Chrome or MS Explorer 'Edge".

eriqjaffe 08-17-2015 11:10 AM

Odd - the link works in every browser on my computer, as well as on my phone. Might be an issue with your ISP not being updated - can you get to the Park Generator?

Padreman 08-17-2015 11:14 AM

What is a park generator?

vulcan4 08-17-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriqjaffe (Post 3909960)
Odd - the link works in every browser on my computer, as well as on my phone. Might be an issue with your ISP not being updated - can you get to the Park Generator?

i'll try.

vulcan4 08-17-2015 11:18 AM

They (all links) are working now. Hmmm....strange, but all good now. :)

eriqjaffe 08-17-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padreman (Post 3909961)
What is a park generator?

There's a link to it back in the first post.

vulcan4 08-17-2015 12:16 PM

How does this exactly work (the cap one)? Are we supposed to enter in info on the brim, panels, etc? If so, I am unable to enter in anything.

eriqjaffe 08-17-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulcan4 (Post 3909983)
How does this exactly work (the cap one)? Are we supposed to enter in info on the brim, panels, etc? If so, I am unable to enter in anything.

Basically just check the boxes and set the colors for the elements you want to use. Each section header is clickable and will show a set of cap elements. Each element (except for uploaded logos) has dedicated color pickers so you can change the colors to your liking.

As far as logos, you can upload your own in the "Logo Image" section or use some pre-included fonts in the "Logo Text" section.

vulcan4 08-17-2015 12:20 PM

Yeah, neither the Ball Park Generator nor the Cap Maker works on Chrome for me. I can get to the link, but can't input anything. However, on MS Explorer I can. So, it's all good!!

This Ball Park Generator is going to help out HUGE. I never knew it existed before today, lolol...

The Game 08-17-2015 01:08 PM

Eriq, can you tell me the advantages of using your program vs Justafan's? Not that you want to knock JF's work but how is yours better, easier to use, etc?

jotro 08-17-2015 01:27 PM

This is amazing and gives me more of a reason to do less while at work!

cephasjames 08-17-2015 02:11 PM

Eriq it looks good! Nice job!

eriqjaffe 08-17-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 3910008)
Eriq, can you tell me the advantages of using your program vs Justafan's? Not that you want to knock JF's work but how is yours better, easier to use, etc?

Oh, mercy, no. Justafan's is a far superior utility. As I said, mine basically started as an experiment - when I realized that I had something that actually worked pretty well, I decided that since I'm already paying for hosting for the Park Generator, I may as well just put it out there. The main (if not the only) advantage to mine is that since it runs in a browser, you don't need to be running Windows.

baseballonly 08-17-2015 03:55 PM

Also, I think there's some features in yours that Justafan's doesn't have, but the same can be said vice versa.

Padreman 08-17-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseballonly (Post 3910052)
Also, I think there's some features in yours that Justafan's doesn't have, but the same can be said vice versa.

Elaborate

jpeters1734 08-17-2015 06:27 PM

Very impressive! I can finally make some uniforms on my Mac, that is if you release a jersey maker as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padreman (Post 3910054)
Elaborate

there's the added file naming for years, away, alt, etc. There are also more templates for older style caps.

Leo_The_Lip 08-17-2015 06:46 PM

Nice job!

The platform independence is a major feature for Mac users--which I'm not. Next is you have lots of terrific fonts that I don't have, so that's good. As is the years and home/away labeling.

However, the lack of the color picker function is a major drawback for me. I've learned to click on the logo I found and use that color in the hat.

All in all, very cool.