OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 5 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3946)
-   -   Why I Won't Be Purchasing FHM5 (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=292835)

landru22 09-29-2018 10:08 AM

Why I Won't Be Purchasing FHM5

Although I am very pleased to see that a new version of FHM will be available soon, I will not be buying it. The one feature that would definitely have me on board is missing, once again.

The inability to continue with a save from the previous version of FHM is something that I can no longer overlook. Although I am sure to be in the minority in my feelings, I am also sure that I am not alone. There are people who play sports sim games and have their own leagues setup, some with fictional players and teams, that wish to continue them year-after-year. I have been able to do this to some extent with previous versions of FHM, but only after months of pain-staking editing. I am only willing to do this one more time. Until I know that the work I will put in will be able to be used with the next version, I will not purchase. Thank you.

krownroyal83 09-29-2018 10:28 AM

I can't say i disagree with you it probably should be an available feature. I have a fictional league in OOTP baseball that i've had since OOTP 17 so i'm happy I could keep importing it over to each version.

Smetana 09-29-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landru22 (Post 4370700)
Although I am very pleased to see that a new version of FHM will be available soon, I will not be buying it. The one feature that would definitely have me on board is missing, once again.

The inability to continue with a save from the previous version of FHM is something that I can no longer overlook. Although I am sure to be in the minority in my feelings, I am also sure that I am not alone. There are people who play sports sim games and have their own leagues setup, some with fictional players and teams, that wish to continue them year-after-year. I have been able to do this to some extent with previous versions of FHM, but only after months of pain-staking editing. I am only willing to do this one more time. Until I know that the work I will put in will be able to be used with the next version, I will not purchase. Thank you.

The devs have stated that the plan is to eventually add this functionality, once the game's database structure is less fluid and changing.

Definitely would be nice to be able to import your previous games to each new version, so I get your frustration.

BKL 09-29-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landru22 (Post 4370700)

I agree this would be a nice feature. I have an OOTP baseball league I've been playing for over 5 years in real life! But, I wouldn't be surprised if eventually this feature will be added, perhaps next year or the following. However, on a positive note, my understanding is why this is difficult is that there have been significant improvements in the database features which will make FHM5 even better (character traits, etc.).

Sebastian Palkowski 09-29-2018 04:17 PM

I never promise any features but with Online Leagues in FHM 5 you can at least speculate at least one new feature for FHM 6 already. ;)

Savoie45 09-29-2018 04:36 PM

Personally, I'm thrilled with the changes made in FHM 5 and can't wait to play on Oct. 1.

spartacus007 09-29-2018 09:12 PM

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I 100% get why it makes sense to wait to implement that feature. Sounds like the right way to go.

But the way I like to play requires importing from previous seasons. If it's announced in FHM 6 I'll get right on board. (I might buy anyway to try it out, but won't get too invested in the league)