OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3624)
-   -   To learn more about schedule files in OOTP2006... (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=120289)

Le Grande Orange 06-01-2006 03:16 AM

To learn more about schedule files in OOTP2006...

If you want to learn more about them and how to work with them in your game in terms of importing files, setting automatic options, and so forth, head over to this post in this thread.

Fictional schedule creator guru gmo has written a primer on the subject.

It may seem daunting at first, but it's not as complicated as it might appear at first glance.

bababui 06-01-2006 04:04 AM

Well done LGO! The hours you have spent pleasing us bunch of 'morans' will be well worth it!! RThank you!!! :flowers:

Le Grande Orange 06-01-2006 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bababui
Well done LGO! The hours you have spent pleasing us bunch of 'morans' will be well worth it!! RThank you!!! :flowers:

Kudos to gmo, please. I'm merely the messenger on this one - he's the guy who actually wrote the message.

bababui 06-01-2006 04:17 AM

Him too! Who is GMO? Remember its 117 am here

Le Grande Orange 06-01-2006 04:51 PM

Bump. The mods should probably sticky this thread too, I think.

dl5175 06-01-2006 05:27 PM

What happens when a 6.5 schedule on a imported league has the allstar game scheduled for July 12 but once the league is loaded it changes the game to July 1 where there are regular season games scheduled?

Le Grande Orange 06-01-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dl5175
What happens when a 6.5 schedule on a imported league has the allstar game scheduled for July 12 but once the league is loaded it changes the game to July 1 where there are regular season games scheduled?

Don't know, I've never converted a league over. Check the "Hold All-Star Game" and "Auto-Schedule All-Star Game" options; the former turns on or off the appearance of All-Star Games, while the latter tells the game to automatically create and All-Star Game and break regardless of whether there is already a game and break specified in the schedule file.

You could also edit the schedule the file and check to see where in the file the game appears and them move it to a more suitable date.

dl5175 06-02-2006 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
Don't know, I've never converted a league over. Check the "Hold All-Star Game" and "Auto-Schedule All-Star Game" options; the former turns on or off the appearance of All-Star Games, while the latter tells the game to automatically create and All-Star Game and break regardless of whether there is already a game and break specified in the schedule file.

You could also edit the schedule the file and check to see where in the file the game appears and them move it to a more suitable date.

In game it does not give you the NL allstars or AL allstars option. How do you edit the schedule file directly?

LeafsFan2005NC 06-05-2006 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dl5175
... How do you edit the schedule file directly?

You have to open the file in a text editor or xml editor. You'll have to choose your program, though, and associate it with *.lsdl files.

david limbaugh 06-07-2006 08:16 AM

Post Season Begins When???

For some reason, my schedule doesn't have the post-season beginning after the last day of the schedule. Program thinks post-season starts in May when last game of regular season is the end of June.

Le Grande Orange 06-07-2006 05:11 PM

Just a reminder, but if you have any questions or comments, you should put them in the Schedules section of the Mods forum. I check in there every day so I will see anything new posted in there. I may not be able to offer an answer right away, but I will see new threads and posts.

This thread here was intended only as a reference link so I'd like to keep it from getting cluttered with other items. Thanks. :)