OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3930)
-   -   FHM 5 Suggestions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=290690)

Buio16 06-23-2018 10:02 PM

FHM 5 Suggestions

1) Draft Day
-I think Draft Day could be improved to make it more fun, I think making it more realistic would be fun, adding a time limit of maybe like 5 minutes per pick even though you can sim but having that, adding a theme of a a draft day table could be cool, being able to make trades for picks on the spot, getting calls for your pick, making it as realistic as it could be.

2) Draft Lottery
-I think making a day for draft lottery could be fun. Like they have it now where they make it a whole big thing, Making a day where it goes from last pick to pick number 1, make it like a big cool thing.

3) Trades
-Trades could be improved. In real life you see players waive their no trade clause or no movement clause on trade deadline days, they give the gm a list of teams they want to be traded too. I think adding this feature will be great! Like somewhere in actions or salary obligations you can go to a player and ask for their team lists or something along the lines of this.

If i think of anything else ill add it. What do you guys think?

DFyvie 06-25-2018 03:18 AM

I'd like to see a better 2D visual representation of what is happening on the ice (like EHM). I just sim games the way it is now as I feel I have little input in how the game plays out and I can't really see what is happening anyway.

mgom27 07-05-2018 12:35 AM

Have GM's on the floor to talk Trades at Draft and Bettman or Daly annonce Trades at Draft.

cm_rusty 07-06-2018 11:47 AM

A better save file format. Writing and re-writing gigabytes worth of thousands of small files is as slow and inefficient as you can get.

Sebastian Palkowski 07-06-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cm_rusty (Post 4343750)
A better save file format. Writing and re-writing gigabytes worth of thousands of small files is as slow and inefficient as you can get.

We donīt do that.

But we found a few ways to further optimize saving by ignoring data that does not get changed at all (so does not need to be saved).

cm_rusty 07-06-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4343752)
We donīt do that.

But we found a few ways to further optimize saving by ignoring data that does not get changed at all (so does not need to be saved).

Good to know! Is that in FHM4 or coming in FHM5?

tywantotte 08-30-2018 01:11 PM

FHM 5 Suggestion

Multiplayer should be added back in!!

Orioles1966 08-31-2018 02:41 PM

Custom League(s) in the same World as the NHL(and vice-a-versa).

The ability to move a team too another league.

More expansion(than the capped 36 teams).

Schedule editor(w/neutral site feature).

The ability to clone players.

Custom playoffs.

Lord PichuPal 09-12-2018 02:17 AM

I'd still like to see it where expansion in custom games adds minor league affiliates. It doesn't feel the same when 2-4 teams only have a reserve list while everybody else has a proper farm team. Takes away a little of the immersion because the extra guys they sign who'd be on a farm team aren't getting stats or playing time (despite developing still as if they're on a team and playing)

Spartacus70 09-12-2018 12:42 PM

Playmakers/intimidaters/injuries

For FHM 5, Did you change something for the super passers.
I mean that for the game in general, the statistics are quite good. The probleme is the elite playmakers are under productives. I dont know of course your algorithms, but you need to figure out a way to make the 20+ passing/read play rating players a more important bonus in term of creating scoring chances for their teammates.
In historical games, elites passers are supose to create an aditional 1-3 scoring chances for their team. I know it's a probleme in any hockey PC simulator, but actually greatest players score a little more than they should and obtain 60-70% of their historical assists numbers, and I dont see any significative change in goals scored by theirs linemates. Changing Shoot/Pass ratio seems to work only toward below 10 (at 10 or 20 Gretzky have the same 80-100 assists/ season)
In resumé : my multiples tests show me that for the technicals attributes the statisticals correlations are great. But it look like anything beyong 20 change almost nothing and playmakers dont contributes sufficiently.

2 others aspects that need to be tweaked :
1) please implement some kind of bonus for goons and intimidators (other than pens. minutes)
2) In historical data lower the injuries attributes for most of the players. Here I'm not complaining about your systeme (it's almost perfect) my concern is to many players are in the range of 8-10 (proneness, body parts) resulting in too many players missing more games than historicaly. I like the fact that there some variations, particularly big injuries making more injury prone, I just saying that youg players (historicaly with no major injury issue) start with too high numbers in those attributes.

But again thank you for this great game who seems to go in the right direction.

George_Bell 09-13-2018 10:49 AM

Better stat tracking

That's one area this game is hugely lacking.

I want to see all time defenseman scoring, I want to see single season defenseman scoring leaders. I want to sort the all time best season's via position. I want to sort the all time best playoff performances. I want to see the best Stanley Cup finals stats, both single season, and all time....

The game is fairly limited stats wise as it stands today. It needs to be expanded.

mjcarr74 09-13-2018 06:35 PM

3d

i would love to see 3d hockey rinks and players the same as ootp 19 that would be awesome

maikgianino 09-19-2018 03:45 PM

Custom Leagues must start before July 1 on their first season because if you want to change something for whatever reason you are forced to play the first season to make changes.

Tham 09-25-2018 07:12 PM

First I like to say I enjoy playing 4. I see a very enjoying game in it's bones.

Now let me just through out a few possible suggestions (you never know what type of coding it takes you know :) )...

Lets call this Club House Management: I think the quality of the area should drop over time, maybe losing a number every ten years....and the team needs to either upgrade (add a point) or build new (go back to 5) depending on how much money they have. Upgrades would just effect the the quality number and the number of Box seats whereas Building you can add anything you'd like, but the bigger, the more expensive.

With that, you would probably need to add an "operation account" the section in the Finances section. Putting in maybe 50% of the yearly profits.

Game Play. Suspensions, off rink issues and personal problems should be plaguing teams with coaches with poor player management ratings.

I also really like the AI messages about players doing golf tourneys and it affecting their numbers and stuff. Maybe a more dynamic version of that's a bit more your team focused. like a bit more frequent but only on your stars and blue chip prospects.

Speaking of messages, a more thorough take on preseason would be great. like a top 10 of each position and rookies. A power ranking of all the teams and such. Maybe a Who's hot, who's not list.

And finally, Draft. It would be nice to make it easier to scout the Top 100 draftees throughout the years. I like putting scouting on AI (it's too cumbersome to handle it on own through several years) but I find it difficult to get A scouting on a vast majority of them.

It would be also great for the a Pre Draft Scouting Report giving you the top prospects for your top needs AND have the option to have several staff giving you draft day advice.

I never know if my scout have found a diamond in the rough or an extremely underrated player since I'm pretty much on my own when it comes to the draft.

hammerglenn 09-30-2018 12:40 PM

I'd like to see real coaches & GM names in historical mods or at least let us edit their names.

tywantotte 10-08-2018 05:55 PM

Multiplayer!!!!

Sebastian Palkowski 10-09-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tywantotte (Post 4374273)
Multiplayer!!!!

You know that FHM 5 was already released, right? ;)