OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 16 - New to the Game? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3898)
-   -   AI keeps changing my line ups (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=253884)

209vaguhn 04-12-2015 02:26 PM

AI keeps changing my line ups

What am I to do? The AI is doing this repeatably and I have all my settings set to my own control.

What gives?

Painmantle 04-12-2015 06:10 PM

most likely your set up to use real historical transactions and lineups

go to

game
game settings
league settings
historical
and uncheck the boxes for use real historical lineups and transactions and the AI will stop messin with your stuff ;)

209vaguhn 04-13-2015 12:12 AM

Everything is unchecked. It only reticently started doing this; I switched some of my settings earlier to see if I wanted the AI controlling things, but I switched it back. And now its COMPLETELY MESSED UP.

It's changing my entire pitching staff, lineups, promoting players etc. The game is unplayable. I even tried downloading the latest version.

WTF!!!!

monkeystyxx 04-13-2015 11:14 AM

You probably are, but... you are manager of the team and not just GM, right?

Cyprian 04-13-2015 03:51 PM

sounds like he is GM only so his manager and coaches are changing it on him. You have to become GM and Manager, then go to manager settings and put yourself in there to make the lineups and such.

209vaguhn 04-13-2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyprian (Post 3852310)
sounds like he is GM only so his manager and coaches are changing it on him. You have to become GM and Manager, then go to manager settings and put yourself in there to make the lineups and such.

This is my second season and I am both a GM and Manager. No OOTP staff have yet reached out.

Painmantle 04-13-2015 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209vaguhn (Post 3852583)
This is my second season and I am both a GM and Manager. No OOTP staff have yet reached out.

There are literally thousands of people playing this game that don't have this issue,Your game isn't any different than all the others playing it.
If all the possibilities mentioned in this thread are set correct , the AI won't make the changes your experiencing. The OOTP staff can't fix your eyesight :rolleyes:

209vaguhn 04-14-2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Painmantle (Post 3852625)
There are literally thousands of people playing this game that don't have this issue,Your game isn't any different than all the others playing it.
If all the possibilities mentioned in this thread are set correct , the AI won't make the changes your experiencing. The OOTP staff can't fix your eyesight :rolleyes:

How do you know my game isn't any different? Unknown glitches happen all the time; and who are you to say that NOBODY else is having a problem.

Kiss my ass.

209vaguhn 04-14-2015 09:49 PM

BTW I would love to do a team viewer with anyone who doesn't believe me or thinks i'm stupid. It only takes 1 minute to sim two games and see that everything get's changed and guys are getting promoted without my consent.

The Game 04-14-2015 11:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 209vaguhn (Post 3853332)
BTW I would love to do a team viewer with anyone who doesn't believe me or thinks i'm stupid. It only takes 1 minute to sim two games and see that everything get's changed and guys are getting promoted without my consent.

Zip your .dat files and post it on Mediafire then let us take a look at them. Otherwise post some screenshots of your Team settings screen. What type of league are you playing, fictional, historical or MLB quickstart? Also many of us have been around for years and have seen what you are complaining of numerous times and 99% of the time it is always the complainer who forgot something not something wrong with the game. Painmantle is trying to help you, you shouldn't be rude to him even if you are frustrated.

If you are in Commish Mode are you controlling your team?

To post screenshots on a PC you can try
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-8
or
2nd to last on here
http://www.gadwin.com/download/

mainstreet 04-14-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209vaguhn (Post 3853332)

I don't think anyone doubts that this is happening. I think that most people think there's a setting that's been set wrong -- and I agree here.

I struggle with this too for some leagues.

You can try just a hard "Do not allow AI to make roster changes" but that would affect all teams in the league (as far as I can tell, though I may also be missing a setting) and is a bad idea unless you're willing to GM all the teams.

A tutorial on what settings cause/prevent what types of actions and where these settings can be found in each mode (GM, Manager, GM/Manager, Commisioner, etc.) might be useful, but I don't know enough to do this.

Matt Arnold 04-15-2015 02:03 AM

From my experience, the most likely cause of this is that a user has the "do not disturb" flag selected in the manager options, which effectively hands over all control to the AI.

The easiest way this can be looked at is to at least post screenshots explaining the problem. If not, please post in the bug reports thread including uploading league files.

209vaguhn 04-15-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 3853458)
From my experience, the most likely cause of this is that a user has the "do not disturb" flag selected in the manager options, which effectively hands over all control to the AI.

The easiest way this can be looked at is to at least post screenshots explaining the problem. If not, please post in the bug reports thread including uploading league files.

I bet this is what happened. I will check tonight but I'm almost positive I set this when I tried to sim a few weeks by in the off-season but never un-checked it.

It's a little bit confusing b/c I was only simming one day at a time and not multiple days or weeks so I never even thought about the DND option.

Thanks everbody!

chipschap1 06-21-2016 01:05 PM

Never thought about 'do not disturb'

I had the same problem and the 'do not disturb' flag was also the problem. Thanks for the tip, everything's the way I want it now.

I'm pretty to new to this. OOTP has so many options in so many places, it takes time to learn them. Patience and polite inquiries are definitely rewarded. The community is incredibly supportive.