OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Dynasty Reports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [•!•] The 1976 Pandemic [•!•] (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=189790)

MorseMoose 10-19-2009 10:54 PM

[∆] The 1976 Pandemic [∆]

Quote:

Fort Dix -- On the afternoon of February 5, 1976, Pvt. David Lewis felt tired and weak during drill. He declined to be seen by the military medics or skip a training hike later in the afternoon.

Just 24 hours later, 19-year-old Pvt. Lewis would succumb to his weakness and was dead. During the next four hours, four other fellow soldiers would be hospitalized with similar symptoms.

MorseMoose 10-19-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Fort Dix
-- My fellow Americans, I stand before you today to announce the tragic death of Pvt. David Lewis was due to a reoccurrence of a strand of what we are calling the Swine Flu. We have been able to contain it at Fort Dix and have no reason to believe it will spread.

Regardless of the belief that it is contained, in five days, I will stand before you once again and ask that you receive the Swine Flu vaccination that is being shipped all around the country. This vaccination will prevent the spread of the Flu. We must continue our normal lives. We must use precaution.

Thank you for listening and may God Bless us All.

NYY #23 10-20-2009 12:11 AM

Ugh, I've had the swine flu since Friday.

MorseMoose 10-20-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Fort Dix
-- My fellow Americans, five days ago, I informed you that the Flu had mutated. I told you that I was going to stand in front of you today and encourage you to get vaccinated for the Swine Flu. Here I am.

Call your Doctor, get an appointment to get vaccinated. At this time, there isn't enough vaccinations - but fret not - there will be enough. Get the vaccine and you won't have to worry.

Thank you and God Bless.

MorseMoose 10-20-2009 07:32 PM

My writing ain't the best, but I think you can get the gist of what's going on.

treedom 10-20-2009 07:52 PM

I feel like the thread title is giving me the finger.

MorseMoose 10-20-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treedom (Post 2843994)
I feel like the thread title is giving me the finger.

Hah...didn't think of that!

I'll never live up to PLAGUE, but I'm stealing the premise for this. Once the back-story is built, I don't know how much I'm going to be doing OoB stuff. I'd love to do the Elections that PLAGUE brought us...but I'm not so sure I'll have the time.

MorseMoose 10-20-2009 10:11 PM

Caption: Government reports that just 17% of the eligible United States population has received the Swine Flu vaccination. Celebrities are coming out in droves to discourage the general public from getting the Flu shot citing reports that it is to "keep the Man down."

Eric Clapton announces the future release of "No Reason to Cry". He says the album title is a reference to choosing to not receive the Swine Flu vaccination. Robert DeNiro dedicated his performance in Taxi Driver to the "No Reason to Cry" No Vaccination campagin.

legendsport 10-21-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorseMoose (Post 2844029)
Hah...didn't think of that!

I'll never live up to PLAGUE, but I'm stealing the premise for this. Once the back-story is built, I don't know how much I'm going to be doing OoB stuff. I'd love to do the Elections that PLAGUE brought us...but I'm not so sure I'll have the time.

PLAGUE is a tough act to follow. The funny thing is, I was actually considering something similar, using the 1919 Influenza outbreak as the basis, but decided to just re-start my alternate Civil War dynasty instead.

Keep up the good work, I will definitely be reading.

MorseMoose 10-22-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legendsport (Post 2844288)
PLAGUE is a tough act to follow. The funny thing is, I was actually considering something similar, using the 1919 Influenza outbreak as the basis, but decided to just re-start my alternate Civil War dynasty instead.

Keep up the good work, I will definitely be reading.

Definitely. I'm planning on doing two posts a day except for Wednesdays (Master's class).

MorseMoose 10-22-2009 07:00 PM

Announced today: The Toronto earns franchise in MLB. Starting in the 1977 season, the Toronto team, nicknamed, the Blue Jays will be playing against the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees and more.

MorseMoose 10-22-2009 07:05 PM

Current President Gerald Ford, today, defeated Actor Ron Reagan in three Republican Presidential primaries - almost ensuring the Republican nomination. Reagan, while unwilling to concede, expressed disappointment in the constituents of the three states in which he lost. Ford expressed gratitude, "Let's keep the White House, Red."

Democrats quickly came out expressing horror at the "...Red" statement citing the "Red Scare" and communism. When asked, Reagan just said that he thinks the "Red Scare" is gone but that the Berlin wall stands as a horrific reminder of Communism in Europe. Reagan just wants Germany to take down the wall brick-by-brick.