OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3693)
-   -   Gambo DB for OOTPX (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=183421)

Gambo 06-06-2009 03:52 PM

Gambo DB for OOTPX

I am currently in the process of updating my database for the newest version of the game. This will not be a total update but will be a quick release that

1) Updates the database to the OOTPX format, including real pitch types, fielding data and games started information so created leagues will be a accurate as possible.
2) Added the 2008 season stats including rookies. However, these rookies will not have minor league seasons and history that everybody else has. I simply do not have the time to do a full update of this information at this time.
3) Cleaned up alot of the excess information that was cluttering the database. I hope this speeds up imports a bit.

I will send it off to Padres site when it's done. (Probably tomorrow - Sunday)

bubba22plus 06-06-2009 04:31 PM

Woot.

TribeWarpath 06-07-2009 09:04 PM

Can't wait for this to be released. Thanks for all your hard work Gambo.

Killing Time 06-08-2009 12:39 AM

Looking forward to it Gambo!

Gambo 06-08-2009 12:50 AM

Sent to PadresFans site. Should be posted soon.

PadresFan 06-08-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gambo (Post 2748997)
Sent to PadresFans site. Should be posted soon.

Posted :thumbup1:

icecake 06-08-2009 06:28 PM

I am wondering what's the difference between the build in roster and gambo's database?
Thanks

Storm 06-08-2009 06:57 PM

Gambo, Josh Gibson and others don't show up when I simulate. I realize you put that they have been removed at the very bottom. Do you have a time frame of when you will re add them or am I doing something horribly wrong?

Gambo 06-08-2009 11:18 PM

Per Markus, make sure you dont have to .odb database in the same directory as the database you are using. It will default to the .odb database. Also, make sure you use the proper master file. The mlb only one only uses major leaguers.

Storm 06-08-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gambo (Post 2750439)
Per Markus, make sure you dont have to .odb database in the same directory as the database you are using. It will default to the .odb database. Also, make sure you use the proper master file. The mlb only one only uses major leaguers.

OH MY GOD! I'm an idiot! THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

Mt Fire Fighter 06-09-2009 02:11 AM

Gambo

I already use your photopack and I am thinking about using your DB. I play historical starting in the ealry 40's. A couple of questions.

1) Could I use my curent league and use your DB as a start of a new year or would it be better to start out with a new game?

2) Exactly what do I have to replace to start using your DB?

Thanks for all of your efforts!!!

John

puffin22308 06-09-2009 06:24 AM

Gambo, I am new and I just downloaded your database file from Padres Fan's website - now what?? What do I do from this point?? I know I sound stupid, but how do I integrate it with OOTP X - as I see it is comma delimited. Thanks for any help!

Thundercrack 06-09-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icecake (Post 2750072)
i am wondering what's the difference between the build in roster and gambo's database?
Thanks

+1

pbar25 06-09-2009 11:23 AM

The correct process is this:
Create a new folder somewhere on your computer and call it Gambo or whatever you like.
Go into the OOTP Baseball 10 directory and find the Stats folder and Copy and Paste the entire contents into your new Gambo folder.

Now open the new folder you downloaded, and select and drag all files within it into the Gambo folder. It will then ask if you want to copy over files, say yes. Make sure you select and drag them in, don't copy and paste them.

Then go to Game/Game Setup/League Setup/Rules

Then scroll down to Database Path. Make sure that the path is set towards your new database (Master) and not the original one.

*As far as changing Databases in the middle of a league -- that wouldn't work very well because you will have some duplicate players.

*Make sure you use the neutralized stats option with this database, as that is what is intended

*the main thing the database does is that it provides for Professional Debuts of all players, instead of the traditional Major League debut.
So instead of Jackie Robinson appearing in 1947 when he was a rookie, Robinson will appear in 1946 when he became a professional.

Now regarding Negro League players.......

I just attempted to run the newly updated OOTPX database version, and there are no Negro League players entering the league. They are in the Master spreadsheet with their debut dates, but all of their ratings are blank which is preventing them from importing.

pbar25 06-09-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gambo (Post 2750439)

Ok, so the final step is to ...... go into your new database folder and DELETE the historical_database.ODB file.

I just did this and it works ok, but all of the Negro League player ratings are goofed up -- basically they are all nothing players. Satchel Paige has 1 stamina, Josh Gibson is useless (1-3 for all ratings), and Willie Wells is a useless 1b.

Gambo 06-09-2009 02:07 PM

1st of all thanks for all the help in answering the questions guys!

Keep in mind the database is specifically made to use "neutralized" statistics.
If you do not select neutralized stats it will refer to the batting.csv and not the batting2.csv (same with Pitching and Fielding).

Negro leagers and minor leaguers have blank stat lines that will simply put them in the correct organization using "real" statistics. This is done so that their historical stats are correct when you look at them in game.

Import with "neutralized" and see how it goes.

Please, If this is still a problem let me know. It's always hard to get a database up and running correctly when the original is made.

I will need to do another update when the patch comes out so the real pitch histories will be correct (the lahman provided in game was not the correct version at release).

Gambo 06-09-2009 02:13 PM

You left out one other feature:

It also adds a bunch of real minor leaguers who never made the majors including managers, top picks and players who found success in Japan.

These include Buck Showalter, Bobby Marcano, John Elway.

These are added based of real career stats and are simply for fun.

pbar25 06-09-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gambo (Post 2751108)
Negro leagers and minor leaguers have blank stat lines that will simply put them in the correct organization using "real" statistics. This is done so that their historical stats are correct when you look at them in game.

Import with "neutralized" and see how it goes.

Please, If this is still a problem let me know. It's always hard to get a database up and running correctly when the original is made.

ha! giving out instructions and setting it up wrong myself.
Forgot to have neutralized on, now it works great. 1933 Satchel Paige is now pretty good. Looks like Gibson could play too. :laugh:

Mt Fire Fighter 06-09-2009 02:55 PM

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icecake 06-09-2009 05:10 PM

still can't figure it out...
I could not find Database path under game setup-rule
Since I don't know what to do with the gambo database, I copy the whole things into stats, but nothing change