OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 14 - New to the Game? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3863)
-   -   Many questions concerning this game (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=240337)

rmilin11 02-01-2014 03:58 PM

Many questions concerning this game

OK I know I aint going to get no refund I dont care I think its a good game and worth the money anyway. I dont need no trouble with my credit card and I resent you people looking into my past problems with this game. I dont have the old game anyway because that was like 3 computers ago. I am willing to swallow my pride and give you people a second chance to answer my questions. I figured out how to resume a game in progress no thanks to any of you but I do have many more questions about this game. If you people are so self rightouse and smart and helpful and in love with this game then I dont see why you cant answer my many questions about this game. First I want to say my father was friends with a guy who played professional baseball so I actually knew a man who played professional baseball for two years I dont any of you ever got that close to a real baseball player. So my first question is is he in this game? He played class D in 1951 for the reds and class D in 1952 for the yankees. Would he be in the minor leagues in this game or are the minor leagues made up of fantasy players? That is my first question to you lets see if any of you genises can answer that, thanks...:laugh:

RchW 02-01-2014 04:33 PM

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night! Having confirmed my genis size the answer is no.:)

Orcin 02-01-2014 04:36 PM

You forgot to say the magic word.

Honorable_Pawn 02-01-2014 04:58 PM

:laugh:

OP is too funny! Good one.

le receveur 02-01-2014 05:09 PM

i actually got close to a baseball player once, but now the judge said i have to stay at least 500m away

Gil Thorp 02-01-2014 05:30 PM

What's the over/under on this thread's closing?

Bowtie 02-01-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmilin11 (Post 3637641)
First I want to say my father was friends with a guy who played professional baseball so I actually knew a man who played professional baseball for two years I dont any of you ever got that close to a real baseball player.

I got close to a real MLB player once. Oh wait! That's right! Silly me :rolleyes:. He was my 2nd cousin. Does that count? :confused: :)

RchW 02-01-2014 07:02 PM

I hope the OP sticks around and learns to love the game. We do poke fun at people but if you take a deep breath and get into this game you may find it amazing. Your post inspired me so I'm going to poke some more fun at you. I hope it will make you laugh instead of getting mad. Don't take this seriously. Some of us do feel your pain.:):p;)

Quote:

The Ain't Gettin' No Refund Blues (Standard Blues Riff)

My baby she done told me

You better not buy that game

It's complicated and you no genis

It's gonna cause you pain

Chorus

I get no refund

Yeah I get no refund

Get no refund

Ain't gettin' no refund today

They won't answer my questions

I don't know why that's so

My baby she done left me

For a pitcher with some dough

I get no refund

Yeah I get no refund

Get no refund

I just wanna play baseball

I got it in my veins

The baseball blues have got me down

Can anyone feel my pain

I get no refund

Yeah I get no refund

Get no refund

Ain't gettin' no refund today (slow)

le receveur 02-01-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowtie (Post 3637748)
I got close to a real MLB player once. Oh wait! That's right! Silly me :rolleyes:. He was my 2nd cousin. Does that count? :confused: :)

depends what you were doing with your 2nd cousin.

Bowtie 02-01-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le receveur (Post 3637781)
depends what you were doing with your 2nd cousin.

Well, there were 2 factors:
  1. I was very young back then
  2. He had been managing in the minors then had to retire due to being diagnosed with cancer :(
Sadly, I never really got the chance to sit and talk baseball with him. He succumbed to cancer on the evening of September 24, 1977 at the age of 53. :crying:

MarkInCincy 02-01-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

OK I know I aint going to get no refund I dont care I think its a good game and worth the money anyway. I dont need no trouble with my credit card and I resent you people looking into my past problems with this game. I dont have the old game anyway because that was like 3 computers ago. I am willing to swallow my pride and give you people a second chance to answer my questions. I figured out how to resume a game in progress no thanks to any of you but I do have many more questions about this game. If you people are so self rightouse and smart and helpful and in love with this game then I dont see why you cant answer my many questions about this game. First I want to say my father was friends with a guy who played professional baseball so I actually knew a man who played professional baseball for two years I dont any of you ever got that close to a real baseball player. So my first question is is he in this game? He played class D in 1951 for the reds and class D in 1952 for the yankees. Would he be in the minor leagues in this game or are the minor leagues made up of fantasy players? That is my first question to you lets see if any of you genises can answer that, thanks...:laugh:

Ya can't fix stupid and there is no vaccine for dumb***.

OBSL Commish 02-03-2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

First I want to say my father was friends with a guy who played professional baseball so I actually knew a man who played professional baseball for two years I dont any of you ever got that close to a real baseball player. So my first question is is he in this game? He played class D in 1951 for the reds and class D in 1952 for the yankees. Would he be in the minor leagues in this game or are the minor leagues made up of fantasy players? That is my first question to you lets see if any of you genises can answer that, thanks...:laugh:

Big deal. I went to high school with Rusty Greer who played outfield for the Texas Rangers for over a decade. And he IS in the game! Now go read a dictionary.

Bowtie 02-03-2014 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBSL Commish (Post 3638569)
Big deal. I went to high school with Rusty Greer who played outfield for the Texas Rangers for over a decade. And he IS in the game! Now go read a dictionary.

Reading your post reminded me that I went to high school with Brian Boehringer who pitched for the Yankees, Padres and Pirates over his ML career.

Fyrestorm3 02-03-2014 02:54 AM

Quote:

First I want to say my father was friends with a guy who played professional baseball so I actually knew a man who played professional baseball for two years I dont any of you ever got that close to a real baseball player. So my first question is is he in this game? He played class D in 1951 for the reds and class D in 1952 for the yankees. Would he be in the minor leagues in this game or are the minor leagues made up of fantasy players?

Would help if we had a name... or you could also just, you know, search for him in the database.

The Game 02-03-2014 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBSL Commish (Post 3638569)

I like him. I chose to ignore this guy this time around since many of us answered him correctly. As far as which ballplayers I know. 3 played for the White Sox, one of them is my father-in-law. Another I grew up with, played at Stanford and was drafted by Colorado in the 2nd rd of the 1999 draft.

If he did not play MLB he is not in any database the game uses. default, Gambo or spritze.

JohnHoward 02-03-2014 06:58 PM

Minor league players who never made it to the big leagues are not in the database, even if they played with Gino Minutelli.

jazzrack 02-03-2014 08:15 PM

this guy was my boss many moons ago Thomas Carlson Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

and I went to school with a guy named Yogi, though he played basketball
Yogi stewart | Online references | cyclopaedia.net

tayloraj 02-03-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowtie (Post 3637791)
Well, there were 2 factors:
  1. I was very young back then
  2. He had been managing in the minors then had to retire due to being diagnosed with cancer :(
Sadly, I never really got the chance to sit and talk baseball with him. He succumbed to cancer on the evening of September 24, 1977 at the age of 53. :crying:

You were 2d cousins with Sherm Lollar?

Bowtie 02-05-2014 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tayloraj (Post 3639079)
You were 2d cousins with Sherm Lollar?

Yes, you guessed right! :D One the best catchers if not the best catcher in Chicago White Sox franchise history. I wish the White Sox would retire Sherman's number 10. That would be so cool. :woohoo:

RchW 02-05-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzrack (Post 3639050)
this guy was my boss many moons ago Thomas Carlson Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

and I went to school with a guy named Yogi, though he played basketball
Yogi stewart | Online references | cyclopaedia.net

Seriously, Yogi Stewart? He got one of the all time best/worst contracts for not playing. Six years $24 million for playing 6-10 minutes in half the games. Did he have a bad stutter?