OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3944)
-   -   Diamond League (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=304686)

comedian2019 06-28-2019 05:18 PM

Diamond League

My team 1st won the WS in their 6th season. They were promoted to Gold and went 9 seasons missing the playoffs. After 5 they were demoted to Silver again. Then in their 5th season, they won the WS again.. Back to gold and 5 more losing seasons. Back to silver where I had three seasons that I did not make the playoffs. Then I won 91-102 games for next season, then only won 89, won my division and the WS. My 3rd for this team. I had a 100 Trout that carried me.

So, welcome to Diamond. I got hold of a 100 Sales the season before, but he really stunk. Lost more than he won. This team last season was #1 in EVERY single offensive category. I ended up selling Sales as he stunk so bad. I think he was 1-10 with a whip almost at 2. I am 47-71, so it will probably be several seasons until I make the playoffs. I have a 90+ Verlander now with the cash from Sales sale and I think he is 1-11.

I guess the only good thing is I never bought any PP!

pgjocki 06-28-2019 05:59 PM

Look at your pitching staff and start replacing every guy with less than 65 movement and long term under 70.

Second, do you have relievers who can match up Right vs Left and do they have over 70 movement?

Third, as you move up Run Prevention is equal to if not more important than Run Scoring until you get really great cards. Use the corner positions for offense but focus on awesome defensive ratings for 2B, SS, C and CF.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dogberry99 06-28-2019 09:23 PM

As someone who has now been demoted out of Perfect on 3 separate occasions, I have no answers for you.

Mudster 07-01-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgjocki (Post 4508667)
Look at your pitching staff and start replacing every guy with less than 65 movement and long term under 70.

Second, do you have relievers who can match up Right vs Left and do they have over 70 movement?

Third, as you move up Run Prevention is equal to if not more important than Run Scoring until you get really great cards. Use the corner positions for offense but focus on awesome defensive ratings for 2B, SS, C and CF.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Everything here, plus make sure you set your park and player strategies to emphasize your strengths and hide the weaknesses.

A great defensive catcher will make your pitchers look better. Look towards the silvers for them. Boone, Sundberg, Pena, and C.Johnson all get the job done nicely.

Besides just stellar defense, try to get the gloves that also have a high contact/eye combo. You won't have much power, but this lets you make your stadium a black hole to homers and up the double and triples since your defense should help against those. Small ball for the win !!!

comedian2019 07-01-2019 11:44 PM

I was demoted back to Silver and I am kicking some butt. Started out 13-3 with Verlander being 4-0 with a 0.69 ERA...

I guess you can say I had my cup of coffee in the Diamond.

What makes it hard when you are promoted is you are dealing with many teams that have been in that flavor of league for several seasons, building their team up.