OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3961)
-   -   Game Crashing on Auto Play to Next Game (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=306673)

Cycloniac 09-17-2019 08:27 PM

Game Crashing on Auto Play to Next Game

Just purchased OOTP 20 yesterday, was using OOTP 19 without any issues or crashes. I started a new MLB game, starting at the current date (9/16/19 at the time).

I simmed ahead a few games, then decided to play a game. Completed the game without any problems, saved after it was done. I then tried to auto play until next game, and the game crashed. I already uploaded the DAT files via FTP (2019.zip), 2019 is the name of my league.

I also tried the auto-save fix, didn't work.

Are you on a PC or Mac?

PC
What OS are you using?

Windows 10

Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone?

Steam

What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.7GHz 2.90 GHz
16 GB of RAM, 15.9 GM usable

Where exactly does your game crash?

When trying to auto-play to next game

What are you doing just before it crashes?

See above answer

Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random?

Yup
Do you get an error message?

No

Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves?
Only have one saved game.

Matt Arnold 09-18-2019 06:50 AM

Yes, apologies, there is an error that happens when you do a new live start game after the minor league seasons have ended. We will be issuing a patch fix shortly for this.

Cycloniac 09-19-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 4537786)
Yes, apologies, there is an error that happens when you do a new live start game after the minor league seasons have ended. We will be issuing a patch fix shortly for this.

Hi Matt,

I just installed today's hotfix and tried to auto-play to next game in the same save, but encountered the bug again. Game crashed immediately.

Matt Arnold 09-19-2019 12:21 PM

Yes, sorry, it appears your league has somehow gotten some other corrupt data from a similar issue that is not fixed.

You can fix this by going into the Gulf Coast Rookie League's settings and disabling tiebreakers (Select the league from the top menu, go to League Settings, options sub-tab, and then uncheck the button that says "Break Ties with tiebreaker games" under the Playoff Settings). That should skip over the offending problems

Cycloniac 09-20-2019 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 4538243)
Yes, sorry, it appears your league has somehow gotten some other corrupt data from a similar issue that is not fixed.

You can fix this by going into the Gulf Coast Rookie League's settings and disabling tiebreakers (Select the league from the top menu, go to League Settings, options sub-tab, and then uncheck the button that says "Break Ties with tiebreaker games" under the Playoff Settings). That should skip over the offending problems

That worked, thanks!