OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM - Technical Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3870)
-   -   The Bug Report Thread (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=236118)

JeffR 09-03-2013 01:57 PM

The Bug Report Thread

THIS THREAD IS FOR BUG REPORTS ONLY!

A product as complex as FHM will never release without bugs. There will be thousands of people playing and they will find things we did not discover.

If the game does not run for you at all, please check here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...l-support.html

If you have problems activating the game please read this: Activation Problems

This thread is for proper bug reporting -if you find a bug, please post a detailed explanation here. If the game crashes in a way that's reproduceable for you with a certain league file, please zip the league files (just the *.dat files, you find your saved games in your My Documents folder within the Out of the Park Developments folder, i.e. "\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\saved_games". FTP the zipped league files to our support server (instructions here: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments ) and add the league file name to your post.

This thread is NOT for discussing data issues, though - please use the separate data threads in this forum for that.

Thanks, and enjoy the game!

Aliean 09-03-2013 02:11 PM

NHL contract extentions still doesent work.Promotion to the SHL is still not working either and from what i can remember never has.both of these bugs have been reported several times and still no fix

Merla 09-03-2013 02:13 PM

The Swedish Relegation leagues are not working at all. This goes for both the Kvalserien (SHL/All) and the Relegation All/Div1.

The problem with the Kvalserien is:

* The game recognizes how many Allsvenskan teams should get promoted (so, in this way the Relegation league is OK) from the Relegation league/Kvalserien. But instead of promoting the winner/runner-up from the Relegation league, the game promotes the winner of the Allsvenskan league. So I suppose it's working somewhat correct, except for the fact that it promotes the wrong Allsvenskan team if an Allsvenskan team gets promoted.

Example:

Djurgården wins the Allsvenskan league.
Malmö Redhawks (Allsvenskan) wins the Kvalserien and the runner-up is Modo (SHL).
The result should obviously be that Malmö and Modo will play in the SHL next season. The way it is now, the game understands that 1 Allsvenskan team should be promoted. But instead of promoting Malmö Redhawks, the game promotes Djurgården.

The problem with the All/Div 1:

* Totally ignores the Relegation league. It just promotes and relegates 2 teams (and for some reason, it's always the same teams.. Skövde IK and Surahammars IF). Should work like the Kvalserien.

Swedishgamefreak 09-03-2013 02:24 PM

I cant resign my players. The box where they should tell me what they want is blank. And even when i click meet demand and submit the offer they dont accept or anything. Please fix this really soon! This glitch makes the game almost unplayable.

Otherwise i like the game. It has potential! :)

Garethw87 09-03-2013 02:28 PM

Swiss NLA Salaries - the salary cap for the league is set to $26,000 so each player is only earning $1,000 (as was the case with SC Bern)**

**The Swiss league is one of the best and highest paying in the world! Doesn't make it very realistic for these teams to have no money to use!

England - Salaries and finances are way out. Elite league teams with over $1m budgets and also National League teams with $300,000 budgets

Maybe not bugs but still :D

PromisedPain 09-03-2013 02:39 PM

I might be the only one, but during the NHL draft; trying to take a look at the prospects profile causes my game to crash.

Troilsy 09-03-2013 02:46 PM

Not really a bug - but there is no way of canceling "Create custom league".

JeffR 09-03-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garethw87 (Post 3565795)
Swiss NLA Salaries - the salary cap for the league is set to $26,000 so each player is only earning $1,000 (as was the case with SC Bern)**

**The Swiss league is one of the best and highest paying in the world! Doesn't make it very realistic for these teams to have no money to use!

England - Salaries and finances are way out. Elite league teams with over $1m budgets and also National League teams with $300,000 budgets

Maybe not bugs but still :D

Not sure what's going on with the Swiss salaries, those are strange even for a background league. I made a bunch of adjustments to Swiss finances last week to start getting the league ready for playable status (it's very close), but those were up, not down. I'll keep an eye on it when we get to the testing point.

Kcfan88 09-03-2013 02:56 PM

Custom League Initial Draft Bug

The inaugural draft in Custom leagues is forcing the human controlled team to select goalies.

heyyoeddie 09-03-2013 03:36 PM

There is a bug when a player is traded for a draft pick. The email says that they were traded for themselves...

http://i41.tinypic.com/efgl52.jpg

asilvermtzion 09-03-2013 03:40 PM

in addition to the RFA signing problem, it seems that RFAs and UFAs are not sorted. they both appear in the same FA screen, with no designation (ie UFA or RFA). the RFA/offer sheet screen is always empty.

Vaukie 09-03-2013 03:49 PM

Goalie problem

In my first match, i wanted to change goalie in the third period.
When I did that, I couldn´t but a Goalie under Goalie 2.
And I couldnt go back to the match because the game said that my roster was incorrect.

I had to shut down the game because I couldnt do anyting to fix it.

Bullshifter 09-03-2013 04:26 PM

Runtime Error Crash

Every time (and I've only been a GM in OHL) I am in trade screen and use the scroll bar on the right to see everything Ive offered to make changes, the game locks up and crashes to desktop.this happens every time. Not sure if it's just OHL or all leagues.

yzerwing 09-03-2013 04:41 PM

Adding a free agent to a trade, crashed the game with a run time error.

pisquid 09-03-2013 04:44 PM

Error Message on Play-by-Play

When I play a game, I get no play-by-play description just a continuous string of the following Error Message:

'Error: Category Not Found'

Is this a bug or something wrong with my set-up?

yzerwing 09-03-2013 04:47 PM

Team player rights have no value, seemingly, as you can pick as many as you like, no matter how good and add them to your team via trade, for next to nothing.

jayze302 09-03-2013 05:12 PM

Cant imagine why that image is not displaying

yzerwing 09-03-2013 05:28 PM

When you counter an AI trade, they don't seem to ever respond.

Kegleg11 09-03-2013 05:41 PM

Can not apply for a job

I have just bought the game, and when I start the game as unemployed there are four teams that come up from the English Ice hockey league. I try to apply to them and the game will freeze up and crash. No error code or anything. Please help?

Konstantinov 09-03-2013 05:53 PM

Click or press escape to stop sim

I accidentally clicked "Auto Play Until... Next Game", and a message at the top right said something along the lines of click or press escape to stop sim.

Doing either of those actions did not do anything, the sim kept going.

yzerwing 09-03-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantinov (Post 3566100)
I accidentally clicked "Auto Play Until... Next Game", and a message at the top right said something along the lines of click or press escape to stop sim.

Doing either of those actions did not do anything, the sim kept going.

For me that happens, but not all the time, it seems to be random.

BabyLemonade 09-03-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaukie (Post 3565919)
In my first match, i wanted to change goalie in the third period.
When I did that, I couldn´t but a Goalie under Goalie 2.
And I couldnt go back to the match because the game said that my roster was incorrect.

I had to shut down the game because I couldnt do anyting to fix it.

Had that one also.
Plus whenever i try to offer multiple draft picks in a trade the game crashes.

Also pls someone can explain why the ratings in some palyers do not appear? I cannot scout them. Ratings only visible in commissioner mode.

clockity 09-03-2013 07:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I keep getting two notifications for a trade I made between Montreal and New York Rangers every day, despite the trade taking place more than 10 days ago (21/08/2013). I think this is a bug in the Mac build.

clockity 09-03-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clockity (Post 3566186)
I keep getting two notifications for a trade I made between Montreal and New York Rangers every day, despite the trade taking place more than 10 days ago (21/08/2013). I think this is a bug in the Mac build.

Incidentally, each time I reload that saved game I get twice as many notifications for this past trade. So closing and opening FHM, results in 4 duplicate messages every day for a trade that happened in the past. If I close and open FHM again, it results in 8 duplicate messages. I'm sure it will be 16 tomorrow, then 32 etc.

GiantYankee 09-03-2013 07:52 PM

Custom League crash

After creating a custom league the game crashes when I start a sim. This happens if I use all of the default settings or if I change some of them. I don't encounter a crash if I use the NHL 2013/2014 new game tab.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have been trying the 24 teams, 2 conferences, 4 divisions, 84 games.
Edit: Winnipeg59 is doing some excellent tests for custom leagues that explains and helps solve the issue.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...n-through.html

Perceptor 09-03-2013 08:04 PM

Not necessarily a bug, but an issue nonetheless - you can't change jersey numbers and some of the jersey numbers of the NHL players are wrong, especially on the Calgary Flames roster

Papi 09-03-2013 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just received a trade offer from Vancouver. They offered me nothing for a 31 year? I guess technically it's not a bug, but a starting point perhaps? Either way, not sure it should be there.

swoop77 09-03-2013 09:08 PM

free agents

I just start the game it is august 16, in nhl I cannot offer contract to free agents all I can do is put them on short list?

asilvermtzion 09-03-2013 09:08 PM

getting crashes after the draft, trying to sign my prospects. its not crashing on the same guy each time though...

also having zero luck signing any prospect playing in europe. i cant even make an offer to them.

doohdee2 09-03-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedishgamefreak (Post 3565793)
I cant resign my players. The box where they should tell me what they want is blank. And even when i click meet demand and submit the offer they dont accept or anything. Please fix this really soon! This glitch makes the game almost unplayable.

Otherwise i like the game. It has potential! :)

Just to add more detail to this bug, when you edit the player in commissioner mode, the salary for the 2013/2014 season is listed as 2014/2015 (When you edit the salary listed as 2014/2015, the corresponding change effects the current season which is by default 2013/2014). I suspect this bug has something to do with when Jeff updated everything to the current 2013/2014 season. I never had a problem with builds before the "current season update"

This is a pretty major bug that makes it pretty difficult to enjoy more than one season IMO. Hopefully, this can be fixed in this next update.

Rubbinio 09-03-2013 09:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 300176

Attachment 300177

1. The game crashes with a runtime error every time i advance more than 4 days or I try to make 2 trades in the same day. I just had the runtime crash 7 times in under 10 minutes of playing. This is absurd

2. And after a crash, i trade i just completed keeps giving me an update that it was accepted every single day. The player is already in my team.

3. I also get a message every day about Anaheim rejecting my trade of nothing for nothing but i never approached them

Zip with save is uploaded to FTP: Rubbinio_NHL_Ottawa.zip

System: Windows 8 x64 / 16GB RAM / Core-i5 3570K 4.30GHz

BradC 09-03-2013 09:41 PM

This was reported to us on Facebook:

If you only got one goalkeeper left in the team you can`t proceed to the next day. I need to start a new game because of that bug. i Sold my backup goalie and are not able to buy a new backup becuase i cant move to the next day. Please fix that bug.

jameslacy8 09-03-2013 10:04 PM

Random crashes to desktop

I am getting random crashes to desktop (Mac) when clicking on delete message in the GM email

Papi 09-03-2013 10:04 PM

Play by Play and the in game graphics are messed up. I am playing a game in Colorado against the Avs and this is what the initial Play by Play says:

Good evening, and welcome to TD Garden for a match between the and the ! Todays Regular-Season game is a battle between the Boston Bruins and Colorado Avalanche.
The attendance for todays game is 16522.

Says its in the TD Garden, and the graphics show me as the Home Team.

kylekez 09-03-2013 10:15 PM

I've had the same problem since the last update.

I start a new game with the Canadian Hockey League, NHL and AHL as playable leagues.
I start unemployed with an average reputation.
When I try to apply for a job, my game crashes.

gmerger 09-03-2013 10:46 PM

Just ran into the same bug twice, when simming in game and one of my players are injured the CPU goes crazy and completely re-organizes my lines so that they make no sense, particularly only 2 defense lines are rotated and my third and fourth lines get scrambled as well as moving third and fourth line players into my Power Play units.

gmerger 09-03-2013 10:51 PM

Another bug, Ryan McDonagh just got injured and on my home screen it shows "DtD,26" but in his player history injury section it shows "Sore Ankle 4 days."

I have simmed 2 days and neither screen has changed or updated and he remains injured and unable to be inserted in my lineup.

I have other players who are injured and their countdown to being healthy works fine but as it is now McDonagh is seemingly injured indefinitely.

Gauch33 09-03-2013 11:05 PM

Waivers not working properly in pre-season

Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that during the pre-season and off-season, waivers do not apply. I should be able to call up guys during the pre-season and send them down prior to season's start without them having to clear waivers. Otherwise you'd never get to try them out in the pre-season.

M00se 09-04-2013 12:16 AM

Could Not Create Game Folder

I just bought the game tonight. I've tried to start a game I keep getting the same error; Could Not Create Game Folder.

Not sure if this has been experienced yet, but I'd really like to play this game I just paid for.

JeffR 09-04-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M00se (Post 3566385)
I just bought the game tonight. I've tried to start a game I keep getting the same error; Could Not Create Game Folder.

Not sure if this has been experienced yet, but I'd really like to play this game I just paid for.

First thing I would try is running the game as administrator (right-click, run as admin) - that sounds like a possible Windows user account control issue that's not letting you create the game folder you need to save the game. If that doesn't do it, I'd suspect something went wrong during installation, so the next thing to try would be uninstalling (go preferences-license first to release your license), then re-download and reinstall.

Renegade11 09-04-2013 01:38 AM

I also get a continuous trade notification. I traded for Brandon Prust..deal complete..everyday I get 2 notifications from Montreal that they accepted the trade..my only option is is to discuss trade again..when I do Prust is in their player trade box and I cannot remove him

yzerwing 09-04-2013 01:58 AM

In the NHL playoffs, the schedule maker is constantly booking games back to back, which rarely happens in the playoffs.

yzerwing 09-04-2013 02:13 AM

Small wording issue, marked in red:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/odd_bob/FHM1.jpg

jonsrs 09-04-2013 05:18 AM

Whenever I try to start a historical game I just get a error messege: "Invalid Database Version"

mking55 09-04-2013 05:52 AM

Support Tickets?

I went to the technical support section as suggested. However, there is no area for FHM. It's hard to ask for support on a product not listed as one that is supported.

mking55 09-04-2013 05:56 AM

Protected List Error

I can see that I can have 50 players on the protected list. I signed a free agent and had 51. When the season began I got a message saying that I had too many players on the protected list.

I went to cut one of them but I can't because the game says I can't release players during the season, only in the off-season.

I don't think the game should give me too many players without warning me before the season starts that I have to cut down to 50 (or whatever number is valid).

So, my first run through the game is toast before I really ever started.

Please fix.

mking55 09-04-2013 05:58 AM

Scrolling and right clicking on the MAC

I use a MAC. I use a trackpad. When in the trade screen I try to scroll on my trackpad and the display changes from perhaps my team to the other team or to player's rights. It just doesn't scroll. Should it? If it should then it should be fixed.

I cannot right click on my trackpad to go back. I don't know if I should be able to or not. If I should, it doesn't work. If it's not available you should probably post a list of mouse/trackpad movements not supported.

mking55 09-04-2013 06:09 AM

There are at least 100 saved games showing up when I go to choose a game. I would say at least 90% of these are not mine. How do I get rid of them since they shouldn't be there in the first place?

mking55 09-04-2013 06:10 AM

Non-responsive

I use a MAC with a trackpad. Many times the game does not respond to my clicks. I would say more than 50% of the time there is no response. I believe this is a problem.

Mordrehl 09-04-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PromisedPain (Post 3565818)
I might be the only one, but while the NHL draft; trying to take a look at the prospects profile causes my game to crash.

Not only do this cause the game to crash then ...

Start a new game ... NHL, OHL, QMJHL ... doesn't matter ...

Click a name of a player in the NEWS item for "XXX Draft Preview" ... on day one it works

In fact, it works up until teams start playing games. Once you start playing games, and presumably one of these draft propsects has now been scouted ... go back to that same news item and click a name and the game crashes. If you you had added one of those players to your shottlist on Day 1 and click on them there, the game crashes.

To me, this makes the game unplayable as you have no way of assessing new talent. Sure, I can sim a whole season without issue ... but come draft time it's CTD.