OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   TBCB Inside the Ropes (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   hamed's uni (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=212828)

hamed2 07-31-2011 03:56 PM

hamed's uni

I was asked if I'd share some of my uni results so here goes:

Daniel Jacobs was my IBO MW champ until last May when he fought Miguel Angel Espino. In the 9th round, Jacobs was DQ'd for holding & hitting & he was far ahead on the score cards. The IBO ordered a rematch, Espino declined so Jacobs fought the 10-0 (8 KO) David Lemieux.

In impressive fashion, Jacobs stopped the heavy handed Canadian bomber via a 6th round TKO. David hit the canvas twice before the fight was stopped & Jacobs moves to 9-1.

Espino is now 2-1, he'd won the WBO MW belt over Jermain Taylor via a 2nd round DQ (21-0, 21 KO's prior to the DQ). Espino lost that belt to Renan St. Juste via a 13th round TKO.

Utopian 08-06-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamed2 (Post 3182372)
I was asked if I'd share some of my uni results so here goes:

Daniel Jacobs was my IBO MW champ until last May when he fought Miguel Angel Espino. In the 9th round, Jacobs was DQ'd for holding & hitting & he was far ahead on the score cards. The IBO ordered a rematch, Espino declined so Jacobs fought the 10-0 (8 KO) David Lemieux.

In impressive fashion, Jacobs stopped the heavy handed Canadian bomber via a 6th round TKO. David hit the canvas twice before the fight was stopped & Jacobs moves to 9-1.

Espino is now 2-1, he'd won the WBO MW belt over Jermain Taylor via a 2nd round DQ (21-0, 21 KO's prior to the DQ). Espino lost that belt to Renan St. Juste via a 13th round TKO.

So Espino was 0-1 before facing Jacobs for the title?

hamed2 08-06-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utopian (Post 3184885)
So Espino was 0-1 before facing Jacobs for the title?

No, it was his 1st fight - he's rated as a 2 fighter & he'd be tough to build up. It was a voluntary defense for JT & I just wanted to see how he'd do against him because in real, I think Pavlik stopped him in 5 rounds.

Espino was 1-0, then 1-1 after the loss to St. Juste & now 2-1 after the Jacobs DQ.

hamed2 08-06-2011 05:38 PM

Mike Arnaoutis moved to 12-1 (4 KO's) with a 14th round cut TKO win over Willy Blain to defend his IBO JWW belt for the 1st time. Blain drops to 7-4 with 3 of his losses now due to cuts. His other 2 cut losses were to Juan Martin Coggi in Blain's 2 attempts to take Coggi's WBC JWW crown.

Mike's lone loss was to Amir Khan via a 15 SD. Blain's other loss was also to Khan when Amir beat him by a 15MD to take the WBA JWW strap.

Mike won the IBO belt earlier this year with a 15SD over Vivian Harris.

Harris was making his 1st defense of the title he took from Ricky Hatton who Vivian knocked out in the 12th with a rib shot - Ricky was 3-5 points ahead on all 3 cards @ the time of the KO.

hamed2 08-07-2011 09:54 AM

6 Heads Lewis made an impressive stop in Northern Ireland defending his WBO WW belt for the 2nd time with a brutal beat down of Eamonn Magee via a 15th round TKO. Magee hit the deck 3 times in the 15th so the 3 KD rule ended the beating. Magee hit the deck 6 times during the fight, one so brutal Howard Cosell would have stopped calling fights had he seen this one too.

6 Heads landed 490 punches @ an incredible 60% connect rate to 109 for Magee & 15%.

6 Heads moves to 29-4-1 (24 KO's) & heads to a probable Fall showdown with Miguel Cotto.

hamed2 08-12-2011 07:37 PM

England's Anthony Small made his 4th defense of his IBF JMW belt an impressive one with an 8th round KO of Yuri Foreman. In a give & take battle of 2 fighters in which Foreman landed 60% of his punches, Small ended it in the 8th with a well placed combo. Yuri falls to 3-1 & Small improved his record to 8-0 with 6 KO's.

Small last defended his title in June with a 2nd TKO of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. The fight ended when Chavez hurt his hand after landing a punch on Small's head.

Utopian 08-16-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamed2 (Post 3187808)
England's Anthony Small made his 4th defense of his IBF JMW belt an impressive one with an 8th round KO of Yuri Foreman. In a give & take battle of 2 fighters in which Foreman landed 60% of his punches, Small ended it in the 8th with a well placed combo. Yuri falls to 3-1 & Small improved his record to 8-0 with 6 KO's.

Small last defended his title in June with a 2nd TKO of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. The fight ended when Chavez hurt his hand after landing a punch on Small's head.

Ugh I hate Small, the racist git. Chuck him in their with Cotto, please !

hamed2 08-18-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utopian (Post 3189518)

LOL, I know what you mean - I saw some thing of him on Youtube. I understand he stopped boxing now due to his religious beliefs.

Cotto would love him & he's my WBA champ but Small is trying to keep his belt for as long as possible. He's rated a 4 in the game so I'm surprised I've been able to build him up with a record like that & that he was able to KO Yuri.

He might have a December defense against Pawel Wolak coming up.

hamed2 09-03-2011 09:07 AM

Sebastian Sylvester was making what he thought was a routine defense of his IBF MW belt vs. old war horse, Wayne Alexander.

In a total shocker, Wayne knocked down Sebastian with a combo for a 4 count in the 3rd & finished him off with a wild overhand right @ 2:35 of the 3rd. Wayne landed 114 punches (57%) to 44 punches & 18% for SS.

Wayne moves to 10-3 & the ex champ drops to 8-2.

Ian Lord 09-03-2011 09:23 AM

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Utopian 09-04-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamed2 (Post 3190174)
LOL, I know what you mean - I saw some thing of him on Youtube. I understand he stopped boxing now due to his religious beliefs.

Cotto would love him & he's my WBA champ but Small is trying to keep his belt for as long as possible. He's rated a 4 in the game so I'm surprised I've been able to build him up with a record like that & that he was able to KO Yuri.

He might have a December defense against Pawel Wolak coming up.

The raging bull will have too much for him IMO.

hamed2 09-05-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utopian (Post 3197705)
The raging bull will have too much for him IMO.

You mean Wolak? Yeah I agree, but now his next fight might be vs. Sebastien Demers instead.

Demers became an overnight sensation in my uni a few years back with a 2nd round KO of Trinidad for his WBA MW belt.

Demers then lost the belt to Cory Spinks on a cut. Last summer, he fought Wayne Alexander & was winning & beating up Wayne but then was caught & stopped in the 6th round. Demers also went 15 rounds with my WBO champ, Tokunbo Olajide in June & in August, Demers beat Joachim Alcine for the Canadian JMW belt by a 12 SD.

Utopian 09-06-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamed2 (Post 3198020)
You mean Wolak? Yeah I agree, but now his next fight might be vs. Sebastien Demers instead.

Demers became an overnight sensation in my uni a few years back with a 2nd round KO of Trinidad for his WBA MW belt.

Demers then lost the belt to Cory Spinks on a cut. Last summer, he fought Wayne Alexander & was winning & beating up Wayne but then was caught & stopped in the 6th round. Demers also went 15 rounds with my WBO champ, Tokunbo Olajide in June & in August, Demers beat Joachim Alcine for the Canadian JMW belt by a 12 SD.

Yeah in poland he's known as that (I think I read that in Boxing News once) From the way you bill him, as much as Demers sounds like a good fighter I think its another low risk fight that Small could probably win. Although If he runs into someone good soon I fear for his chances ;)

hamed2 09-06-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utopian (Post 3198190)
Yeah in poland he's known as that (I think I read that in Boxing News once) From the way you bill him, as much as Demers sounds like a good fighter I think its another low risk fight that Small could probably win. Although If he runs into someone good soon I fear for his chances ;)

Yeah, he's trying to keep this title & talk as much junk as he can. I have to say, for a 4 rated fighter, that was impressive to knock out Yuri like that. I thought that fight could be a boring fight that went to decision so I was surprised by that ending.

hamed2 09-10-2011 10:03 AM

In a fight for the vacant IBO WW bout, huge punching Karl-Heinz Guder faced off against Ener Julio.

The belt was vacant when Saul Alvarez moved up to 154. Guder got the shot due to his impressive punching power & 4-0 (all KO's) record.

Julio was a surprise winner in his last fight @ 140 beating Ricky Hatton by decision & maybe ending Hatton's career.

Early on, Julio looked too slick & powerful for the German dropping Guder in the 2nd, 3rd & 5th rounds. Guder came out on a mission in the 6th though & dropped Ener for a 9 count with a huge right cross & then finished him @ 2:16 of the 6th with a short left hook. One of the the more stunning turn arounds I've ever seen! At the time of the KO, Julio was ahead on all 3 cards by scores of 50-42 twice & 49-43.

Guder, Germany's version of a WW Rocky?

hamed2 09-17-2011 08:36 AM

Reda Zam Zam defended his WBC JMW belt for the 3rd time with a 15 SD (141-139 twice & 140-141) over the tough & determined Travis Simms. In the 5th round, Reda dropped Simms twice & had the American in big trouble. Simms came back in the 6th to drop the champ. In the 13th, Simms came out trying to end things but the wily champ dropped Simms again with a quick right cross for a 2 count.

Simms record drops to 13-2 (9 KO's). His only other loss was to Fernando Vargas via a cut in the 8th round. Simms lost his WBO belt in that fight.

Reda moves to 7-0 (5 KO's).

hamed2 09-17-2011 09:58 AM

Make it 2 for 2 for Danish based fighters making defenses of their WBC titles this weekend. Thomas Damgaard stopped Joseph Elegele via a 14th round TKO in a much tougher fight than anticipated. Thomas dropped Joseph 3 times in the fight & 2 of those times were in the 14th but Thomas also hit the deck once in the 9th round. Thomas was ahead on 2 of the cards, 125-121 but trailed 122-124 on the 3rd one.

Thomas made the 5th defense of his WBC WW belt & moves to 12-1-1 with 11 KO's. He took the belt from Jackson Osei Bonsu by UD & his draw is to current IBF WW champ, Joseph Makaringe & his lone defeat @ WW is years ago to current WBO WW champ, 6 Heads Lewis due to eye swelling in the 6th round.

hamed2 09-18-2011 10:04 AM

The WBA WW title became vacant when Manny moved up to 154 to seek another title & due to the fact nobody really wanted to challenge him.

So former WBC champ, Jackson Osei Bonsu (JOB), stepped in to take on recent WBC JWW champ, Victor Ortiz.

The 1st 2 rounds were pretty even but in the 3rd, JOB caught Ortiz with a hook that ended the night!

JOB moves to 17-1 (14 KO's) - his lone loss to Thomas Damgaard when he lost his WBC belt via a UD.

Jackyle 09-19-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamed2 (Post 3202243)
The WBA WW title became vacant when Manny moved up to 154 to seek another title & due to the fact nobody really wanted to challenge him.

So former WBC champ, Jackson Osei Bonsu (JOB), stepped in to take on recent WBC JWW champ, Victor Ortiz.

The 1st 2 rounds were pretty even but in the 3rd, JOB caught Ortiz with a hook that ended the night!

JOB moves to 17-1 (14 KO's) - his lone loss to Thomas Damgaard when he lost his WBC belt via a UD.

Boy Ortiz is having a tough go in real life, and in your UNI.

hamed2 09-20-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackyle (Post 3202460)
Boy Ortiz is having a tough go in real life, and in your UNI.

lol, I know! When he got knocked out when I simmed the fight on Sunday morning, I was thinking that looks familiar.

Back in June he'd challenged Devon Alexander for his WBC JWW belt & won the title via a UD. He dropped Devon in the 9th with an uppercut.

hamed2 09-24-2011 10:36 AM

Current WBO WW champ, 6 Heads Lewis, tried to add to his collection of belts (he's the former WBA & IBO WW champ in addition to WBC JMW) by taking on Miguel Cotto for his WBA JMW title.

Lewis & Cotto were going to fight for Lewis' IBO WW belt a couple years ago but 6 Heads took a fight with WBC JMW champ (Takaloo) instead & won that crown by 7th round TKO.

After a give & take 1st round, where Cotto's right eye started to swell, Cotto took command of the fight in the 2nd sending 6 Heads to the deck with a right cross near the end of the round. In the 3rd, a miss by 6 Heads & counter upper by Cotto ended the fight.

hamed2 09-25-2011 09:49 AM

Tokunbo Olajide thought moving up to 160 for a crack @ the WBO MW belt wasn't going to be too big of a deal - someone forgot to tell the champ, Andy Kolle.

In an impressive display, Kolle defended his belt for the 1st time with an 11th round TKO. Kolle dropped the WBO JMW champ in the 3rd & Olajide returned the favor in the 4th. From that point on, Kolle took over & dominated the fight. He dropped Olajide 2 more times in the 11th to finish him off.

Kolle landed 311 punches (43%) to Olajide's 155 (20%) & was ahead on all 3 cards: 95-93 twice & 96-92.

hamed2 10-01-2011 10:53 PM

Due to Tokunbo Olajide's move to 160 & failed bid to win the WBO MW belt, his WBO JMW belt became vacant.

So former WBA JMW champ (Sergei Dzindziruk) was matched with former IBF JMW & WBA MW champ, Cory Spinks.

In a tight fight from the Ukraine, Cory won his 3 world title via a close SD (143-142 twice & 140-146).

Cory's a tough out @ 154, his 1st title @ JMW came when he took the IBF JMW belt from De La Hoya via decision.

Cory would like a rematch with current WBA MW champ (Javier Castillejo) who took Cory's belt earlier this year when a hard body shot broke one of Cory's ribs which forced him to quit.

hamed2 10-09-2011 02:34 PM

Fernando Vargas defended his IBO JMW strap for the 7th time with a dramatic KO in the 15th round over Sechew Powell. Powell had out punched the champ 356 to 240 & was ahead on 2 of the 3 cards: 134-130, 132-131 & 131-132.

With the victory, Vargas moves to 30-3 with 22 KO's & Powell falls to 17-2 & 9 KO's.

Jackyle 10-11-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamed2 (Post 3210751)
Fernando Vargas defended his IBO JMW strap for the 7th time with a dramatic KO in the 15th round over Sechew Powell. Powell had out punched the champ 356 to 240 & was ahead on 2 of the 3 cards: 134-130, 132-131 & 131-132.

With the victory, Vargas moves to 30-3 with 22 KO's & Powell falls to 17-2 & 9 KO's.

Wow, Powell gave him a good scare eh? Sounds like a heck of a fight.

hamed2 10-13-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackyle (Post 3211553)
Wow, Powell gave him a good scare eh? Sounds like a heck of a fight.

It was! I was hoping it would go to a decision, I'm watching the screen thinking: "OK, get up Powell!" but he didn't beat the 10 count.

hamed2 10-13-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utopian (Post 3189518)

BTW, I know Small is a divisive figure & he probably knows he gets under the skin of people.

He'll be making another defense of his IBF 154lb title in England in December.

He's asked that the posters for that fight read:

"A Hero Returns!"

or

"Return of a Hero!"

Either one works, he's not picky.

hamed2 10-15-2011 02:26 PM

Herol Graham becomes the latest fighter from England to win a world title beating WBA MW champ (Javier Castillejo) by a 15 UD - all 3 judges had the score: 143-142 in favor of the Brit.

PL:360-270 in favor of Graham.

Herol joins IBF MW champ (Wayne Alexander) & IBF JMW champ - Anthony Small.

hamed2 10-22-2011 10:44 AM

Darren Barker came up short in his bid to take the IBO MW belt from Daniel Jacobs. Barker was DQ'd 20 seconds into the 14th round by ref, Richard Steele for a blatant low blow. It was his 2nd warning.

Barker did well to last that long after almost getting knocked out/stopped in the 1st due to a big right cross from the champ. Jacobs was up (126-121, 124-123 & 123-124) on 2 of the 3 judges cards. PL: 251-243 in favor of Jacobs.

Barker's impressive performance will probably earn him a title shot in 2012 vs. 1 of the 2 other current British MW world champs.

hamed2 10-23-2011 10:05 PM

Enzo Maccarinelli defended his WBO CW belt for the 10th time with an 8th round TKO over the game but over matched, Felix Cora, Jr.

Enzo moves to 21-0-1 with 18 KO's.

Marco Huck took the EBU CW belt with an 8th round KO over tough Turk - Turan Bagci.

Huck improves to 16-0 - all KO's & is probably closing in on a title shot in 2012.

hamed2 10-30-2011 02:27 PM

Alejandro Berrio made the 3rd defense of his IBO SMW title via a 7th round TKO of tough Brit - Mark Kaylor.

Berrio had Kaylor on the canvas 5 times over 7 rounds but Mark put the champ on the canvas once too.

Berrio moves to 12-1 (all KO's) - his lone loss @ 168 to Eduard Gutknecht via a decision when he tried to take the WBO SMW belt from the then champ.

hamed2 11-12-2011 11:27 AM

Brian Magee didn't disappoint his home town fans in Northern Ireland in his 1st world title shot vs. WBO SMW champ, Jermain Taylor.

Using an aggressive style, Magee wore down the champ & finally knocked out Taylor with a barrage of punches in the 13th round. In an entertaining fight that Magee appeared to control from the opening bell, Taylor hit the deck 3 times before being dropped for the 4th & final time in the 13th. Magee hit the deck twice over 13 rounds but Magee's pressure wore out & eventually got to the fading soon to be ex champ.

With the win, Magee moves to 13-1 (10 KO's). Magee's only loss was by 10 UD to Jean Claude Dugard in his 1st pro fight.

hamed2 11-13-2011 03:45 PM

Manny fought for the 3rd time @ 154 as he's trying to win a belt @ JMW. This time against DeAndre Latimore who in real life said Floyd would have no problem with Manny.

Manny won a 12 UD in a hard, tough fight. PL: Manny 306 to 182. Manny landed 41% of his punches to 18% for Latimore - who dropped to 5-2 (5 KO's). His only other loss to Sugar Shane by 8th round TKO in an IBF title shot.

Manny moves to 3-0 (2 KO's) @ 154.

Tim Bradley made the 5th defense of his WBO belt with a 13th round right cross KO over the tougher than expected, Petr Petrov.

Tim dropped Petr 2 other times in the fight & Petr actually caught & dropped Tim once for a flash KD right before the bell earlier in the fight.

Tim moves to 8-0 (3 KO's) - his last 2 fights were KO's.

Petr was stopped in real life by Marcos Maidana in 4 rounds in Sept.

hamed2 11-25-2011 03:41 PM

The Messenger delivers - in Denmark!

Anthony "The Messenger" Thompson won the WBC JMW title in Denmark tonight with a brutal left hook KO of Reda Zam Zam.

Thompson really gave the champ a brutal beating during the fight before finally ending it in the 10th.

Reda was attempting to defend his belt for the 4th time, he'd beaten the tough Travis Simms in Sept. by a 15 SD but The Messenger's left hook landed via special delivery!

Thompson becomes a world champ again & improved to 15-2 with 7 KO's - his 2 losses to Miguel Cotto. He lost the WBA belt to Cotto due to a 3rd round TKO when he missed with a huge left hook & injured his shoulder. Cotto granted him a rematch in July but Thompson lost that fight as well - also due to injury (a TKO cut win for Cotto).

Reda drops to 7-1 with 5 KO's.

hamed2 11-27-2011 01:18 PM

Fernando Vargas might be slipping & showing his age with a 13 Majority Draw: 114-114 twice & 117-111 for Kermit Cintron.

The fight was stopped in the 13th when Cintron's cut re-opened once again after a butt earlier in the fight opened a cut on the challenger.

This was the 2nd close call in a row for Vargas - he needed a 15th round KO to assure his 7th defense verses Sechew Powell in Sept.

Cintron was ahead on PL:297 to 239.

Kermit now stands 5-0-1 @ 154 & Vargas is 30-3-1.

hamed2 12-04-2011 08:47 AM

Cotto exposes/destroys The Secret!

Miguel Cotto defended his WBA JMW belt for the 3rd time with a surprisingly easy defense over Richard "The Secret" Williams.

Williams came into the fight with a gaudy 11-1-1 (11 KO's) record - his lone defeat via UD to Sergei Dzinziruk in an attempt to take his WBO belt.

Cotto dropped Richard in the 2nd with a hook & controlled the fight from that point on. A combo in the 5th put Richard on the deck for the 2nd time until a Cotto right cross ended the fight later in the round.

Cotto moves to 7-0 (7 KO's) @ 154. His 2nd straight very impressive defense - a 1 punch uppercut of WBO WW champ 6 Heads Lewis ended their fight in Sept.

hamed2 12-17-2011 02:23 PM

The Pride of Providence

On a cold rainy night in Canada's Deerfoot Lodge, Peter Manfredo, Jr. took the WBC MW belt from Micheal Olajide via a UD.

Olajide's speed & slick boxing style gave Peter trouble for the 1st 3-4 rounds until a left hook put the champ down. Peter stalked the defending champ for the remainder of the night & dropped him a total of 5 times.

Manfredo moves to 18-1 @ MW.

McClearyMauler 12-17-2011 09:50 PM

Thanks

Thanks for sharing

hamed2 12-18-2011 10:21 AM

Devon Alexander made a successful defense of his WBC JWW belt via an 8th round TKO over Paulie Malignaggi - due to a cut.

Devon showed no respect for Paulie & walked right through any punches the challenger threw. In the 8th round, Paulie missed with a jab & a counter uppercut from Devon dropped Paulie for a count of 6. Devon was on the verge of a KO or TKO win when the ref stepped in & stopped the bout due to a cut.

Devon was ahead 68-65 on all 3 cards & up 222-140 in punches landed.

Devon is now 7-1 (6 KO's) - his lone loss to Victor Ortiz by decision in the summer. Paulie drops to 12-2, his other loss to Tim Bradley by decision.

hamed2 12-18-2011 06:47 PM

Karoly Balzsay moved to 12-0-1 with a 14th round left cross KO of game challenger, Jermain Mackey. It was Karoly's 4th defense of his WBC SMW belt.

Mackey had gone the full 15 rounds with IBF champ, Lucien Bute earlier this year so Karoly's 1 punch KO victory was an impressive one!

Karoly had the fight in control, ahead on all cards: 128-118, 126-120 & 127-120.

hamed2 12-25-2011 02:45 PM

New IBF champ!

Frank LoPorto won the IBF JMW belt from Anthony Small via an 8th round cut TKO. Frank was ahead on all 3 cards, 67-66 @ the time of the stoppage & had a 196 to 158 PL lead too.

Small said afterwards it figures they'd take his title away this way & wished all Aussies an unhappy holiday season.

Small drops to 8-1 with 6 KO's.

hamed2 12-31-2011 11:37 AM

Next!

Andy Kolle ends 2011 with a bang as he destroys Alejandro Berrio with a body shot to end matters in the 3rd round.

Berrio is the defending IBO SMW champ & dropped down to 160 to get a shot @ Kolle's WBO MW belt.

Kolle now moves to 5-0 with 4 KO's. It was the 2nd defense of his title he took from Renan St. Juste by UD. In his 1st defense he stopped WBO JMW champ (Tokunbo Olajide) by TKO in 11 rounds.

Big things could be in store in 2012 for Kolle as he's 2-0 (2 KO's) vs. other champs.

hamed2 01-16-2012 03:57 PM

6 Heads Lewis made the 4th defense of his WBO WW belt in the Bell Centre with a brutal 14th round TKO of Jo Jo Dan. Dan hit the deck 6 times over the 14 rounds & had no answer for the power of the champ. PL @ time of the stoppage was 396 to 244 for the champ & 127-114 twice & 127-116 were the scores of the 3 judges.

Lewis moves to 31-4-1 with 25 KO's.

hamed2 01-29-2012 01:50 PM

In what could be a strong contender for fight of the year, England's Mark Rowe won a 12 UD over Kevin Perry - all 3 judges scoring the bout, 110-108 for the former IBO MW champ.

Rowe lost his belt to current champ, Danny Jacobs, by a 6th round TKO in late 2010. This was Rowe's 1st fight back & was facing another huge puncher in the fearsome Perry. Perry moved up to 160 after challenging IBO JMW champ, Fernando Vargas. Vargas destroyed Perry last May, knocking him out in the 3rd round.

Both Rowe & Perry hit the canvas 5 times each in this slug fest, PL were 222 to 220 in favor of Rowe. Neither fighter sounded anxious for a rematch, each preferring to face someone with less punching power in their next fight.

Rowe would like a crack @ current IBF champ (Wayne Alexander) - the man Rowe took the IBO belt from years ago via a 12th round TKO. With the win, Rowe moves to 8-1 (7 KO's).

hamed2 02-06-2012 08:27 AM

Kelvin Davis defended his IBF CW title for the 3rd time with a one punch KO over Grigory Drozd.

A right cross late in the 2nd round iced Drozd on a cold Russian winter night. Drozd came into the fight with a 10-0 record, all by KO's & was expected to give the sturdy, compact champion a tough fight/night but it was not to be.

hamed2 02-12-2012 08:22 PM

Tokunbo Olajide proved he's still a force to be dealt with @ 154 with an impressive 8th round KO of Yuri Foreman. Olajide picked up the NABO belt in his 2nd fight @ 154 since being stopped in 11 rounds by Andy Kolle in a bid to win his WBO MW title.

This was Yuri's 1st fight back since being knocked out in the 8th round last August by IBF JMW champ, Anthony Small.

Olajide moves to 13-1 (11 KO's) & Foreman falls to 4-2 (0 KO's)

hamed2 02-19-2012 12:50 PM

Spain's Gabriel Campillo won the IBF LHW belt from Zsolt Erdei via a 15th round combo KO.

Hungary's Erdei was making the 1st defense of his IBF LHW belt vs.Campillo.

Erdei came into the fight with a 15-1 (13 KO's) record. His lone loss to France's Christophe Tiozzo by 15 UD for the vacant IBO belt. Erdei came into the bout with a 13 fight winning streak.

Gabriel moves to 5-0 with 1 KO & needed the KO due to the fact he was down on all 3 cards: 131-135 twice & 132-134 despite having a PL lead of 407 to 243.

hamed2 02-26-2012 11:42 AM

Super Zab!

Judah retained his IBF JWW crown for the 2nd time with an 11th round TKO of the fearsome Marcos Maidana. Zab was up 97-92 on all 3 cards when the stoppage came shortly after a rib shot dropped Marcos for an 8 count. A left cross dropped Marcos in the 6th as well. Zab landed 51% of his punches to only 14% for Marcos & had a 367 to 153 PL advantage.

With the win, Zab moves to 24-4-1 with 17 KO's, Maidana drops to 10-1, 9 KO's.

hamed2 03-03-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamed2 (Post 3241246)
Andy Kolle ends 2011 with a bang as he destroys Alejandro Berrio with a body shot to end matters in the 3rd round.

Berrio is the defending IBO SMW champ & dropped down to 160 to get a shot @ Kolle's WBO MW belt.

Kolle now moves to 5-0 with 4 KO's. It was the 2nd defense of his title he took from Renan St. Juste by UD. In his 1st defense he stopped WBO JMW champ (Tokunbo Olajide) by TKO in 11 rounds.

Big things could be in store in 2012 for Kolle as he's 2-0 (2 KO's) vs. other champs.

Berrio bounces back from this disaster late last year when he dropped down to 160. Berrio made the 4th defense of his IBO SMW belt with a 1st round KO destruction of Tony Quigley.

Berrio said after the fight he'd gladly fight Kolle in a rematch for his belt @ 168!

hamed2 03-04-2012 10:28 AM

Enzo Maccarinelli defended his WBO CW belt for the 11th time with a 2nd round TKO of Dewey Cooper.

Enzo upped his record to 22-0-1.